1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you remove front rotor of 95 honda accord?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ling ling, Sep 28, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ling ling

ling ling Member

To auto repair experts.

How do you remove the front rotors of a 95 honda accord lx, 4 door, 2.2 no vtec, no antilock brakes.

I got the brake assembly and axel nut off, but can't get the rotor off.

Thanks in advance,

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I remember when they were taking mine off at the shop they had a tool that bolted on and then they pulled on it and it came off. One took a long time to...kind of hard to explain the tool but it bolted on they would slide something back and forth kind of tugging on it.

Might want to join a Honda forum and get an answer there...i use the BMW forums all the time and they are great. they can answer anything for you.

3. ling ling

ling ling Member

Thanks for the suggestion.

I had done rotors for other cars before and once you got the axel nut of, the rotor just fell off. It seems like something is holding the accord rotor in.

4. ling ling

ling ling Member

5. Stack24

I remembered it because it was a friend of my dad's shop and it took him like 15 minutes of pulling on it with this machine for it to finally come off...the guy working on it wanted to kill me and the car for it being that hard to come off.

Glad you found it.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

7. Stack24

I have a feeling the changes of parts of the bullet bouncing back off of metal could hurt you...i mean im just guessing lol

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

That sticky is for a full hub/bearing replacement. Alot of unecessary steps to replace a rotor.

Once you remove the wheel and remove the caliper bolts and swing it away, the rotor should come off (not saying all cars are like this, but you shouldn't have to remove the axle nut to get the rotor off).

9. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

C'mon Codell...we're usually on the same page for these things...

Try this...

[​IMG]

10. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Seriously, don't forget to check for pressure clips on the studs...

11. ling ling

ling ling Member

This is what I thought also and it's true for most cars. for the accord, you need to take out the full hub and bearing. He just replace w/ an easier system afterwards.

12. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

[​IMG]

That pic is ****ing great... :D

That's a whole hell of a lot of work, though. Just one reason why I've never been much of a car guy...

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

well, looking at all the corrosion in those pictures, i might be inclined to agree.

i stand by my opinion that you shouldn't have to remove the hub to take the rotor off

:)