1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

How big the fish Morey will trade in this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeterKingX, Jun 4, 2010.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

"We will get a super star this offseason!!!"
    I really don't remember how many times I heard this sentence from this team.
    But actually how many real super stars we have got so far?
    I still remember those big trade rumors everywhere last year.
    Those rumors make you excited, because you believe your team will be strong enough for a championship.
    I still remember I refreshed the clutchfans again and again during last offseason to check my hope for trading in an super star for this team whether realize or not.
    .....But, guess what's the outcome?
    Kevin Martin!!!! are you kidding me? I feel so disappointed...
    But Darl Morey still stands there like a god and gets all the love from every Houston fans...He gets all the trusts just like he never commit any mistakes.
    And for this upcoming offseason, super star rumors get started again.....
    But I suggest you put your hope as low as possible, otherwise you will let down.

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Kevin Martin wasn't brought in during the offseason, he was brought in around the all-star break. Get your facts straight, and stop hating on Daryl, he's doing a god damn job with almost nothing. Do you know alot of teams who are .500 and have a 33rd pick average in there starting 5?
    Of course you don't.

3. playlife

playlife Member

Hate to say this but the Jazz starting 5. Other than Deron, the rest are 2nd round picks or undrafted

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't expect anything to happen that would be big until the trade deadline at the earliest...where the team can use their expiring contracts.

Maybe a draft day trade of picks and some lessor players to move up or down, but not really all that much.

I don't expect Morey to be able to get Bosh, Lebron, Wade, Johnson...any of them.

DD

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

almost nothing?It looks like you have already forgot Carl Landry and Mclazy's huge capital space. I am not sure what's the final target of our trade moves, money, market, trade games or championship?
    I guess every rockets player but Yao will feel more or less worry in Houston, because they have a Trade Master-----Darl Morey!!!!

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

"Ssh, shut, shut your mouth. Just shut your mouth"

[​IMG]

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Hate to say this, but Boozer and Okur weren't "2nd round picks" when Utah got them. Unless you want to tell me two "2nd round picks" should cost a team $120+ mil. Also, Deron's a #3 pick. How many high lottery picks did we have last year?

8. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

getting a mega superstar is a thing that happened only once a while. you don't see that happens very often. how long have you been a rox fan? you need to wait long enough to say whether morey can or not.

morey inherited a bad financial team in the sense of the nba cap. he is gradually making this team solid with assets so we can attract other teams to do a trade. it wasn't the case in 5 years ago.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Either you're trolling or you honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Morey is held in high regard, because he's completely rebuilt the roster in three seasons. We went from overpaying veterans and scrubs to having one of the leanest rosters of young talent in the league. I'm sorry that you think Morey failed, because he was only able to trade Tracy for Kevin Martin, Jordan Hill, and a first round draft pick. I guess he'll have to step it up, before you give him any credit.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

OP, please list Morey's "mistakes" and compare them to his other moves. Any GM that has a low mistake % is going to get a lot of trust, quit acting like he's only acquired trash over the years. Everyone and their mother wants a superstar, whether its us, lakers' fans, bulls' fans, etc. Its just the way fans are. We all want to believe we'll get a pau gasol type of deal, but i think we all know that's unlikely. It's safe to say we're pleased at the end of the day with morey's moves a majority of the time. Maybe YOU need to lower your expectations because it sounds like you're the one who feels let down.

1 person likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Your username says it all. Learn to **** write cohesive sentences!

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

What's wrong with Kevin Martin..? :confused: , 24.5 PPG career, he is not a superstar but he is definitely a star.

13. DaDakota

Then you add in AB and his 20ppg and Yao Ming and his 19ppg...and well...that is not too shabby.

DD

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

:grin: :grin:

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

and don't forget the ice cream man.. ;) ;)

16. htownrocketman

Man, this thread is just ridiculous... Anyone who thinks Morey has done less than an admirable job with what he was given is an idiot... And yes that means you PeterKingX...

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

True that.

18. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Personally the prospect of getting Martin is exciting, and even more so when you consider he'll hopefully be playing beside Yao next season.

19. DaDakota

Exactly, if Yao is healthy this is a championship team as assembled.

DD

20. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

This big:
    [​IMG]