1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

How about THIS team?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fadeaway, Mar 18, 2001.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

This is the team I had when I won my baseball league last year. I drafted pretty well and made some good trades.

C - Ivan Rodriguez
    1B - Frank Thomas, Rafael Palmeiro, Galaraga
    2B - Jose Vidro, Delino DeShields
    SS - Nomar Garciaparra, Jose Valentine
    3B - Troy Glaus, Jeff Cirillo
    OF - Barry Bonds, Magglio Ordonez, Jermaine Dye, Steve Finley, Moises Alou, Larry Walker

SP - Tom Glavine, Robert Person, James Baldwin, Roger Clemens

RP - Armando Benitez, Trevor Hoffman, Todd Jones

Not bad. Midway through the season I traded Glaus for Jason Kendall (2 days before Ivan got hurt -- intuition I tell ya!). I got Nomar early on (McGwire for Garciaparra). My outfield is what won it for me, though. Was really strong in that area.

I'll stop bragging now... [​IMG]

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Not bad, but my team last year was better [​IMG]
    Piazza
    Bagwell, Helton
    Biggio, Deshields
    A-Rod
    Glaus, Batista
    Bonds, Hidalgo, Edmonds, Lawton, Drew

Pitchers
    Brown, Glavine, Pettite, Elarton, Ankiel

Bullpen
    Benitez, Graves

Needless to say, I won the league by the All-Star break.

------------------
    "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."-
    (Aldous Huxley)

3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

this is my 1st yr but i follow baseball a lot

------------------
    How Sweet It Is! How Sweet It Is!
    Gene Peterson on the rockets winning the 1995 championship over the Orlando Magic

4. Nomar

Nomar Member

Pudge, Kendall
    Bagwell,Delgado
    Biggio, DeShields
    Nomar
    Chipper
    Ramirez, Griffey, Walker, JuanGon,
    Clemens, Petite, Finley, Benson, Heredia,
    Trevor Hoffman

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

5. Ren D

Ren D Member

This is my 1st year also,I havent been keeping up with anyone but the Astros and thier opponents so far this Spring,Im hoping for some good years from some of my players I have with questions!!!

------------------
    If I had only 1 wish it would be that I had a big enough @ss the whole world could kiss-Eminem