1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets Make-A-Wish

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Midixinormous, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Dumb wish! After seeing Batkid every other Make-a-wish is lame to me lol

1 person likes this.
  3. Play07

Play07 Member

fans gave her a standing O at the game last night, Parsons and lin went over to give her their shoes after the game, she sat in Les's seat.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Everyone wants to meet Parsons. Nobody ever makes a wish to meet Kendrick Perkins. :(

5. haydenfisher342

choked me up, makes me proud to support a team for over 20 years who makes a positive change in peoples lives. I love the way the Rockets play too and just a really good job from the Rockets players and organization for doing the right thing. They played the best basketball of the year on her night, glad she saw it in person.

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think it was a great wish, and she really seemed to be having a great time. I know McHale spent some time with her before the game, and I think the entire Rocket organization did a great job to make her day very special.

7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...p-make-a-high-school-students-wish-come-true/

8. RV6

RV6 Member

She kind of looks like Taylor Swift. Great game for her to see that day.

9. paunguye

paunguye Member

Heartless comment man... I was at the game and I'm a oncology nurse. I see this stuff all the time.. I gave a standing O and it almost made me tear up... This is her wish to meet the rockets!!!

10. MadMax

MadMax Member

so shines a good deed in a weary world

11. tim562

tim562 Member

Great great story, and Houston is an amazing organization. I'm proud that they made that little girls wish. It killed me to see someone so young in that wheelchair.

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Oh calm down I was joking... If that's really what her dream is than that's awesome. I was just saying shoot for the stars! You only get one of these Make-A-Wish things so go all out! Go hard like BatKid!

13. paunguye

paunguye Member

I'm not mad... I deal with cancer patients all the time... I really appreciate what my patients do with their lives! They cherish every single moment they can get!!!! Just got to be careful when you talking about someone dealing with a terminal cancer.... Yea like the video said... she can go to Paris or whatever! But her wish was the Rockets! And you are comparing a kid to a teenager... Batkid just wanted to be Batkid! Carly just wanted to be with the Rockets! :)

1 person likes this.
  14. paunguye

paunguye Member

But hey my bad if i offended your comment... It's not for us to argue! This is for Carly Wright! It's her moment to shine!

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I get it, my Aunt died recently from pancreatic cancer. she had a new born daughter and it was very rough, and I was always amazed at how she wouldn't back down and she wouldn't let us be scared of cancer because she wasn't. So that's how I like to treat it, I don't like to treat someone with cancer any different. Not because Im mean but because Suzie taught me to live unafraid.

Anyways it's great to see how the team embraced her, I only wish we could of done more.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Carly Wright, the young lady who spent a day with the Rockets a month ago through the Make-a-Wish Foundation, has passed away. So very sad.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/statuses/420300414748090368">January 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

So sad. She randomly crossed my mind a couple of weeks ago.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wow. Very sad to hear. All things considered, she looked in good shape, so I wasn't anticipating this.

19. TheJet

TheJet Member

Very sad news. Prayers to the family and friends.

20. webattorney

webattorney Member

Wow, her death makes it that much more meaningful that she had her wish come true. She seemed like a really nice girl. I was even touched by the "two AJs" story regarding Alabama quarterback guy.