1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston no longer fattest city

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Castor27, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

http://www.kfdm.com/engine.pl?station=kfdm&id=13066&template=breakoutlocal.html

2. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Woo Hoo! I knew that losing that 3lbs helped our chances emensley!

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

NOOOOOO!!!!

Come on people. Let's reclaim #1 next year. We need to stick to an all fast food diet, and cut out vegtables unless they are fried. We can do it!

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Baltimore? Fittest city?

I was there in December. Believe me, there are plenty of fatasses in Baltimore. Hoagies and beer will put the weight on, believe me.

Stupid poll.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

these are the most worthless articles ever. based on criteria that means absolutely nothing.

6. droxford

droxford Member

This is certainly true, as shown by their listing of Los Angeles as third-fattest city. Gimme a break, Those fun-in-the-sun Californians are some of the fittest people in the country.

7. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Indianapolis at number 11 is horrible as well. When I lived there we couldnt beleive how fat the population was. It was a running joke at work because we worked for a health insurance company but the VAST majority of the workers were morbidly obese.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

So what is their "admittedly unscientific" basis for setting the rankings?

9. Buck Turgidson

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Is that what happened when I started the Lindsay Lohan / Nicole Richie diet? Dang.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

OK, I guess I could have found that. :) It's actually kinda interesting to see how they try to go about getting an idea about a demographic phenomenon that isn't directly measured. If you look at the criteria, they look at a bunch of different per capita numbers for gyms, sporting good stores, fruit consumption, fast food places, sports participation, bars, Nielson ratings, air quality, access to natural recreational areas, commute time, number of parks, recreational facilities, and quality and expense of healthcare. Some of the criteria seem pretty dubious, but they seem to have been pretty creative in trying to get a look at it via statistics.

As for the fatasses in Baltimore and Indianapolis, they just have to be thinner than other cities: our whole country is fat.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You you actually lose weight when you have liposuction?

13. Fatty FatBastard

I'll be sure and change that.

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Man this "LA is a haven for superficial egotists" is so overplayed it's not even funny. This is a city with a tremendous amount of people and diversity. The beauty/fashion conscious elite only make up a small part of the population. It's almost like saying Texas is only made up of ranches and oil fields.

Leaning on stereotypes is lame.

15. Isabel

Isabel Member

Chicago? I can't imagine why.

[​IMG]

Houston, San Antonio, and other cities in Texas count among the fattest cities...

[​IMG]

And my hometown of Memphis always seems to be right up there...

[​IMG]

Time for lunch.

16. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

That last pic looks like a pile of crap. IMO :D

17. Fatty FatBastard

To be fair, so does most of Memphis...

18. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Was in line behind a fat lady today in quiznos. She was telling her co-worker that she was on a diet and only eating a places like quiznos/subway instead of mcdonalds/whataburger etc....

She got a turkey sandwich, not bad. Then she got a bag of cheetos and a Dr. Pepper. :rolleyes:

I asked myself..... is it a will power issue? or is it an education issue? Could she just not resist the cheetos and soda? or does she not know enough about nutrition to realize that the cheetos and soda are the problem?

19. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Well, the Chee-toes are obviously a part of the dairy food group, but I don't know how she justified the Dr Pepper.

20. Buck Turgidson

This donut has purple in it. Purple is a fruit.