1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Beer Festival 2013

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DonkeyMagic, May 20, 2013.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

June 8th. Downtown Houston.
    http://houstonbeerfestival.com/

I've been debating on whether or not this is worth attending. Reading about the poor execution in prior years hasn't helped my opinion, nor has the lack of detailed information on their website so close to the event. However, I'm still a sucker for beer and I would like to see Bun B.

Anyone else thinking about going? Has anyone been to the prior year festivals? How was you experience? Is a VIP ticket worth it? etc.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I saw a groupon for it for $25 which sparked my interest. I've never been myself. Is it pretty much all you can drink beer?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

buy a ticket to stand in line for a hour for overpriced beer? you can do that on Washington on a friday without buying tickets.

4. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

from my understanding the initial entrance fee will get you an initial 10 beer tickets, which is 2-3 oz beer tastings. Full beers are available for purchase as are additional beer tickets.

It looks like VIP section is all you can drink as well as eat

5. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

<iframe width="840" height="600" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VXFEPUwSZp8?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

Pleasantly surprised by the festival. I think VIP was definitely worth it with the separate restrooms, additional beers, food and general sitting area. Weather wasn't too bad, crowd seemed pretty festive and it was awesome to see Bun

Can't remember all I tasted, but I was really impressed by the Lazy Magnolia Souther Pecan, Brooklyn's Black Ops and Founders All Day IPA

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I remember lots of hotties from 2 years ago. I even got into her email.

8. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

but it was only 21 and over...:confused: