1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hopeless in Seattle

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by doublebogey, Apr 14, 2008.

1. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

It seems David Stern is still 200% supporting the Sonics to leave Seattle for Oklahoma City. So, bye-bye Seattle. You have enjoyed your last NBA game in KeyArena.

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

****. I hate Stern.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

This was pretty much a given. I doubt Seattle is left without a team for too long though.

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

that's right

i hope your all ready for the Seattle Grizzlies.

5. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

How long is Grizziles' lease with FedExForum?

6. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

What a complete bull**** response from Stern. Those e-mails blatantly showed he was not operating in good faith.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

As a Pittsburgher, we nearly lost the Penguins so I got a dose of what it might feel like but I simply can't imagine what it really feels like to actually lose a sports team.

I feel terrible for the city of Seattle.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Stern sucks. He really, truly does, and clearly has no problem at all lying to Seattle and the entire country.

9. Asian Sensation

At least they still have the Mariners and Seahawks. Still sad though for die-hard Sonics fans. :(

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I wonder if sonics fans will follow the new franchise in OKC...probably not, b/c they don't have any real attachment to those players.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Can the Sonics get a Cleveland Browns-type deal where any new team that comes in down the line could still be named the Seattle Sonics? That would have been huge for my Oilers-Texans fanhood, in my opinion.

Got to be painful drafting good young talent and knowing the team is moving ... kind of like the Oilers taking Steve McNair and Eddie George.

12. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Stern has said if Seattle lets the team go, the city can keep the name and colors of the team in the event Seattle gets another team.

I don't know if Bennett and Stern will still feel the same way if Seattle (as I fully expect them to) launches a scorched-earth war to keep the team here. I keep telling people on this board, Seattle is a tenacious city that has a strong, libertarian, "stand up to the man" attitude. This is going to be a like a bad divorce trial. Seattle is asking for full financials from all 30 teams, and they are going to poke and prod the NBA, surely exposing some info that Stern doesn't want getting out.

With Schulz's intent to sue to get the team back, the release of emails last week, and the NBA voting on Friday over relocation, things are going to get interesting.

I feel a lot more optimistic about the Sonics staying here in Seattle than I felt during the Save Our Rockets days. Maybe living through it once has innoculated me...

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

15. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Definitely, this issue deserves a few threads to talk about the various aspects of it.

After going through the Save Our Rockets when I lived in Houston, I never thought I'd have to do that again. Now that I live in Seattle, I get to go through it all over again. Even though I hate the Sonics from the battles we used to have with them, I am a hardcore supporter of Save Our Sonics.