1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(HoopsWorld)Jermaine Taylors potential remains untapped.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingStevo10, Nov 9, 2010.

1. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

2. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

:eek: I love his game but he most be dreamin. Brian Cook prob told him that when he was here!

3. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

In my opinion, he has been making the best out his opportunities given. He played well when he started last year and has played great in Summer League. Unfortunately for him this team is just too deep fro Adelman to give him any real minutes. I would like to see him get minutes with one of the first two units to see how/if he can play within the system, because every time I see him play garbage minutes he is in full attack mode.

4. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

What I don't get is, if he thinks he's the best guard how would he be ranked 5th or 6th overall? He should have went all in and proclaimed himself the 3rd best player. :grin:

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well, he's gonna have to outplay Chase. That's the guy he can realistically steal minutes from. And from what I've seen, he's not close.

6. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I think his real competition is Lee. Chase hasn't been shooting well but is still the best 3pnt shooter off the bench so I think his spot is safe.

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

lol, I think he was talking about the Summer League team...

8. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

If Lowry isn't back next game Rick should play jt besides garbage mins.

2 possible lineups I would like to see
    (young and athletic)
    Ish
    JT
    Chase
    Hayes
    Jordan
    -Solid defensively, and will put up points in a hurry, decent rebounding lineup.

Another:
    Lee
    Jt
    Kmart/Shane
    Scola
    Yao

-if u want to go defense put in Shane and offense put in kmart. This team would be a good half-court team, pass in to Yao and kick out and make the open shot or Yao keeps it and scores. And pick-n-rolls with scola and Yao.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why won't Adelman tap JT?

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He seems to be an idiot.

11. wakkoman05

wakkoman05 Member

Some of the things he said in this article are pretty unprofessional. "I've had players on the team tell me that they think I'm the best guard on the team."

Really??? I like JT, but this article is just going to take him farther away from seeing any playing time.

12. gdenfield

gdenfield Member

In my opinion he seems very gifted offensively but not so much of a team player. When he gets the ball that's where the play finishes. It's as though he's acting like he's not playing because he hasn't proven himself to be offensively capable; however, he's definitely proven himself in that regard, I don't think anyone questions that - he doesn't seem to be enough of a team player to me and I think that's why he doesn't play more.

1 person likes this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

LOL.

I didn't want to be so blunt, but yes.

14. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Hahaha :grin:

He needs to tap PP too

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

JT will get his time. The Rockets have a history of injuries and when they happen he will get inserted into the game somehow. That's how it happened for Landry, Wafer, and now Ish and Hill.

He needs to keep his head high, keep his work ethic and know that his time is coming. He has talent and a lot of ability to flat out score.

16. Htown's2kFinest

At least he sounds hungry. Hope he does get some PT, but there's just too many guy ahead of him.

17. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

he is at the cusp....just needs a little more patience....in the 7 mins that he played,he still has a few habbits that need to work on.. driving with head down and sometimes being a ball stopper. Other than that, I feel that he can be great really soon.

18. redao

redao Member

He sounds like an idiot.

19. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

He probably could average 15 or 16 a game, but your team is not going to benefit from that. Learn to play team ball! He doesn't once mention how he thinks he can help the TEAM in this article.

He is top 6 on this team in terms of talent and scoring ability, but basketball is so much more than that.

20. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

im just saying, but what if, what if he really doesnt have that much potential?