1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Honestly, how many of you gave up last night?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Primetime, Nov 30, 1999.

Tags:
  1. Primetime

Primetime Member

19 seconds to play, 4 point deficit, and the Rockets ahve been in a funk. After Barkley's off-target three my head sank. I thought we were really going to win the game. I saw signs of improvement and boasted it in one of my replies yesterday. I said to my dad: If we lose tonight, the rest of the season will be a wash. So I had ALMOST given up hope, but someone must have heard me up there and granted us the first clutch performance of the season. What made it all the more spectacular was the fact that Francis hit the last shot to force OT. He's got game and confidence because he showed that the missed free throw in the Portland game did not phase him. Plus, he shut up the crowd with some of the sickest moves (yall know what i'm talking about) I've ever seen out of a Rocket uniform. But honestly, did you really think they'd pull it off?

2. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

It was scary last night.

Same feeling here. When Barkley missed that 3. Ohhhh! "We must hand this game to the Grizz."

The "luck" was that Mike Bibby missed free throws, and Mobe managed to connect the 3 ...... here comes the clutch play of the year ...... Stevie made the game tying jumper.

Have I given up hope? Yes. About 10 seconds. [​IMG]

3. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

I have to admit that I had given up with 19 seconds left down by 4. I even began to post a message about it, then it happened... I decided for some reason to wait. The missed free throws, a bucket, then Francis hit the two to force OT. Open mouth, insert foot. I'm glad I didn't post that message. [​IMG]

------------------
    The truth is out there... but not in the post.

4. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I got you all beat. I turned it off when Barkley missed the 3! I didn't find out until later that night on the internet when I went to check the box score to see how individuals did.

Needless to say, I could have kicked myself.

5. Primetime

Primetime Member

Tb-Cain, its okay. Just don't let it happen again. I know you're not used to seeing clutch play from this team, but The Kid is out to change all that. He is the most exciting thing in a Rox uniform I've seen since...uh...he's THE most exciting thing in a Rox uniform. Brace yourselves cuz I have predicted a 30 point game coming soon and then he'll really start dazzling us.

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I'VE GOT THE HEART OF A LION !! A never say die attitude. I would never give up. ok, maybe i too had adoubt, but not for long.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I got mad and I thought we lost.. But right when i was fixing to just turn it off.. Mobley hit his shot .. SO THEN YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AFTER..

8. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I gave up a couple of weeks ago.

9. Primetime

Primetime Member

I'm not giving up on this team because we have young talent that needs time to grow (not much time in Steve's case) and we have 2 experienced players when it comes to winning, and most important of all, we have a lot of heart. That's what some of the sorry ass fans in this city need to show so this team can feed off of us. I believe in Steve.

------------------
    Look out, The Kid is about to blow up!

10. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

let me tell you about happen to me last night. I come home about 7 pm after talking to a client for about 3 hours. I grab some food and start flipping channels. Turned it on some wrestling(I mean p*rn) and could not wait to watch the game(I mean Francis.) Well I am enjoying the game and eating some ice cream and my girlfriend starts saying the rockets suck. So I started putting some of the moves I learned on WWF on her. She quiets down and goes on with her business. She leaves me alone and decides to come back with two minutes left. She does not say anything until we start losing. 40 seconds left and she starts taunting me again. YOUR TEAM SUCKS YOUR TEAM SUCKS. She won't stop. And finally my boys come thru for me. Cat hits a 3, Simon chokes, the man hits a last second shot and I am in the penthouse. I did not give up but I did start thinking about our upcoming Lottery pick. I had visions of Martin with the number 3 pick. Instead I get revenge and respect until Wednesday when I have to goto war again with my boys.

11. Francis3

Francis3 Member

We need help on Free Throws. Cato needs to get better on his shot, his release is not right.

Cuttino Mobley is such a good player, Im impressed with him.

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Francis played great and the shot to force overtime was sensational, but the credit for the win should go to Mobes, cause without that 3 we were dead.

13. CaucasionSensation

Heck I was talking to my dad about Reggie Miller's 8 point in 4 second performance and looked up and we were within 2. It was "2 bad" that right foot was on the line. That would have sent those British wanna-bes a message.

14. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

I just have a thought:

If last night's game were at the Compaq Center, we'd have lost. Why? Because all the non-believers would have left their seats and headed to the exit. And we have way too many non-believers here in Houston.

Sadly, I was one of them last night. [​IMG]

Old saying, old saying, ...... never underestimate the heart of the CHAMPION.

Now I believe!

15. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

Might not be a "true NBA fan" as I sometimes have been told when giving up, but I am truthful.

I absolutely had given up and was cussing them out. Losing to Vancouver - how could they?

I lost my connection in the chat room and good thing cus I had become rather negative. I think we should have been kicking their rear much earlier in the game. I thought we were finding a way to lose again by missing free throws. And Barkley takes a 3 again. Why Chuck - it makes you look foolish. It is what they want you to do.

Then Mobley, and I don't think he is getting near enough credit cus Stevie was so spectacular, (TINO! That was a clutch three in true junkyard dog, Elie style, you got guts)hit that three to make us only down by one and Stevie hit the long two to tie it up. When Stevie hit that three to open overtime, I was back on the bandwagon. Bullard iced it. Stevie, Cuttino, Matt B. all showed the guts we expect from our teams.

NICE WIN! We had to win last night or (I'm sorry) I think I would have given up on this season. Me, who said wait till mid season, hang in there fans. Human nature in some of us I guess.

We still are a team that is sitting on the fenceline. We can be good or be crummy. Right now, I feel optimistic again. Ask me after the next loss whenever that is. Reality bites!