1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

homemade gym equipment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Joker, Sep 23, 2010.

1. The Joker

The Joker Member

Just wondering how many of you guys have made your own gym equipment. So far I've made my own plyoboxes, suspension bands (trx style), medicine ball, and I'm using the weighted ropes as well.

It's a great way to save money and also make the equipment to your specific needs. Any other gym equipment I can make?

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i guess you could get some wood and a metal bar, and make a pull up bar. you really need one of those in my opinion though.

3. The Joker

The Joker Member

Yea I have a pull up bar that goes in the doorways of my house, but I feel like I still need to somehow make a dip rack and I saw a pretty cool squat rack but the problem is you need to hang it from the ceiling somehow and I just don't want to put anything in my ceiling. So for now everything I use is either easily moved around or to be used in my yard. Just remembered I still gotta make sand and slosh bars.

4. Asian Sensation

Okay... So Batman drives a Kia and The Joker makes his own gym equipment out of random junk and crap. What's next.. Robin trying to use coupons with food stamps? Catwoman purposely eating beans in order to have a bubble bath?

5. dback816

dback816 Member

All you need is a pair of sneakers for exercising

Why all the equipment?

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This guy's got some pretty good workout tips:
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YdHriEgEuEE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YdHriEgEuEE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

8. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Man ron really likes Yao.

9. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I've built my own pull-up bars and am working on my plyoboxes next. I really wont use anything else since I've purchased my own kettlebells.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

OH, YEAHHHH!!!

[​IMG]

11. The Joker

The Joker Member

Ya I tried the homemade kettlebells and it wasn't worth it. Bought a few but they were pretty expensive. Would def like to buy more but that's later on.