1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hill and Thabeet vs This year's crop of centers after Kanter/Jonas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jun 23, 2011.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

Am I the only one who believe no one in this year's draft is noticeably better than those two?

I know we need a center. But I'm think said center should actually be better than our current duo of crappy ones. And I can't really find them in this draft that didn't go in the top 5.

2. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Both of the latter have higher IQ and are willing to play/train hard.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Jonas will be a star, not sure about Kanter.

On the other hand we will forget about Hill and Thabeet will mostly be the biggest bust in the history of the NBA...

I am always rooting for the small guys, but in this case I just don't see Thabeet turning around quickly...I hope I'm wrong

4. Dei

Dei Member

I haven't given up on Hill and I never expected anything of Thabeet so his stock can only rise.

5. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Kind of reflects 90% of CF, heh.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Is Hill even a Center? He seems to play much better at PF.

7. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

People just tend to overrate the current draft.

Thabeet the prospect would have been drafted way before Biyombo. Hell, he still could have been the first C taken.

8. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Not just this year; it's a long-term trend.

They really don't make true centers any more.