1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

High School Basketball Playoffs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets R' Us, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Anyone in HS who's team made the playoffs? Our school made it for the second time in school history! We played Dobie last night and beat em in the 3rd overtime. It was an awesome game which was won by our mad defense. Next we face either Lamar or some team from Beaumont or Bellaire. Can't remember which or what name.

------------------
    Charles Barkley on TBS on the "fat track" poll: "What? 47% said I'd gain more.....why those.....they better be glad this is a family show."

2. Live

Live Member

Nope, I'm not in HS, but I just want to extend an early congratulations to my alma mater(sp?), Willowridge High School, for winning the 2001 TX Boys 5A Championship, finishing 40-0, and being the #2 nationally rated HS team in the country.

And don't give me any of that "we'll see, anything can happen, the season's not over yet blah blah blah", either.

IT'S INEVITABLE!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    Who's better: Kelvin Cato or Joe Barry Caroll?

Take your time! :)

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I go to Liberty-Eylau HS in Texarkana, and both our girls and boys are in the playoffs.

The girls just qualified for the regional tournament (4th round) last night, and have a record of 26-6 or 27-6, not sure.

Our boys won their first bi-district championship in forever (1st round) in a close one 60-58 last night.

The girls have a legitimate shot of making it to Austin, I think.

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

4. Rockets R' Us

We'll see......anything can happen....the season's not over yet.....blah...bla....blah..... [​IMG]

------------------
    Charles Barkley on TBS on the "fat track" poll: "What? 47% said I'd gain more.....why those.....they better be glad this is a family show."

5. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

Well, I played for Bellaire more years ago than I'd care to think about. The Cards beat Yates last night 90-something to 50-something, which is just amazing to me. I think their record is 26-4, something like that. I'll tell you, our teams were typical for the times, and we'd invariably have our fourth loss right about our seventh game. Their success this year is pretty cool, as far as I'm concerned.

But of course, this Friday it's Willowridge. What are you guys, Live, 33-0? Damn. I'm hoping to read about a close game. If you guys do end up winning Friday, do me a favor and go ahead and take it all, huh?

I remember going down to Willowridge not too long after the school opened and just getting spanked. Also of note, we played against Aldine at the Summit before a Rockets / Bulls game. The Rockets won, but we got blown out by about 20. Though I went on a scoring rampage and poured in four points. They couldn't stop me, man, I'm telling you.

------------------

6. Frank Black

Frank Black Member

Not that I care very much about the girl's basketball team at my old high school. They're just kicking everyone's ass and may win state! Go Lady Falcons! Did I just say that!? Oh my..!

------------------
    "...just because a clever person can complicate the discussion about the truth doesn't necessarily mean he or she is making any progress in finding it."

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Oh damn. What year? [​IMG]

------------------
    "Ive seen more class at a Pig Humpin Contest ." -- moestavern19 makes headlines again, and in the process leaves little doubt as to what Saturday nights in his hometown of Lompoc, California are like.

8. Live

Live Member

Class of '91.

Ironically, we (Willowridge) weren't always good in BBall, though we always had good talent. But I'm proud to say that my class turned the corner and the rest is history.

------------------

9. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

My high school sucked this year, but I got to give a big shout out to a buddy of mine. He's head BB coach over at Texas City high school, and his team is entering the playoffs as district champion with a 30-2 record.

Way to go, Rick! Good Luck!

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hilarious. You were a freshman there when I was a senior. I'm class of '88. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Ive seen more class at a Pig Humpin Contest ." -- moestavern19 makes headlines again, and in the process leaves little doubt as to what Saturday nights in his hometown of Lompoc, California are like.

11. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I go to Klein High School, and our boy's team made the playoffs when they weren't supposed to do anything this year. That says a lot when we are in one of the toughest districts in the city. Our girls tam was on target to going to the playoffs until our best girl went out after slipping on a went gym floor (hole in roof) and tearing her ACL. Next year will be their year though. Freshman this year had some serious skills as she began the year on the Varsity team.

------------------
    Stevierebel

12. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

who's in your district?

------------------

13. Rockets R' Us

Found a real nice thing surfin tonight. The Playoff brackets. Here's the official link to the UIL page http://www.utexas.edu/admin/uil/ath/bbpair/index.html

------------------

14. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Here's a better site. You can even listen to games here:

http://www.tsrnsports.com/

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

15. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

Hey Steve,

I graduated from Klein ('99) and Clutch also graduated from KHS in the early 90's. Is Klein still in the playoffs? Last I saw, Klein Forest had a monster year and walked away with district. I guess we can't kick KF around anymore. [​IMG] Klein Collins starts up next year in non-varsity play, so at least our JV teams can kick them around for a bit.

Rob

P.S. Hey Tacoma Park,
    In 15-5A its:
    Klein
    Klein Forest
    Klein Oak
    (the) Woodlands (those Highlanders have a huge Dallas Cowboy-esque complex. They are actually "The Woodlands High School", but they are going have to build a 2nd one eventually)
    Conroe
    Spring
    Westfield (Spring ISD)
    Tomball
    ------------------
    Producer at SportsRadio 1340 KKAM

visit me online at www.robertsnyder.net

2000 Sportscaster of the Year @ KTXT-FM, Lubbock

[This message has been edited by Robert Snyder (edited February 23, 2001).]

16. BobFinn*

Actually I think just about all the admin. here went to Klein. Except Jeff.

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

17. Robert Snyder

Finn---

Well back in the day (when it was Clutch City '9x) it was a lot of Klein and Klein Oak grads working on it, but now Clutch is the only active KHS grad. There is one other guy listed on the Crew from Klein but he hasn't done anything in at least 2 years.

------------------

18. BobFinn*

Just checked the Crew page. P-man hasn't been around in a while. Or Shotgun or Chris Klenz. keeley lurks but doesn't post much. He used to always be in the chat room during games 2 or 3 years ago. I remember he said he went to Klein with Clutch.

------------------
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

19. Robert Snyder

Kind of amazing that a site that was started by high school buddies has blossomed into the envy of almost all amature sport sites.

------------------

20. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Damn, who'd've known there were so many Klein people here?

Sheesh

Robert --

I knew your name sounded familiar. I left Klein a year before you -- you don't have any siblings that went o Klein do you?

------------------
    Hey now, Hey now, don't Dream it's over...