1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HEY SHAQ!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Vinsanity, Jun 14, 2009.

1. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Kobe is a douche.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Or it shows that he wants the lakers to sign him so he can limp his way to another championship.

3. Prince

Prince Member

makes better sense.

4. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

I would love to see Shaq and Kobe play again. It could still be possible, although not probable.

5. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Does anyone care to debate this point anymore? Even though it isn't even really debatable?

6. baller4life315

Kobe is 8 years younger so keeping him was clearly the most logical choice. Of course, keeping them TOGETHER would have been the best case scenario but I guess that wasn't an option given that we're talking about two of the biggest egos in the NBA.

I don't understand why you insist on suggesting that this was some sort of "debate". The real "debate" was: Who needed who more and who is better without the other. Up until last night that argument was wildly in Shaq's favor, now Kobe has evened the score.

7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Yes the score is even now:

Shaq -championships without Horry 1
    Kobe -championships without Horry 1

8. ASERED95

ASERED95 Member

I THINK THIS THREAD SHOULD OF BEEN TITLED "HEY KOBE-HATERS!"...HOW DOES HIS ASS TASTE! YES GASOL, PAU, ODOM WERE ALL PART OF THIS BUT YOU CANT HATE ON THE PURE TALENT AND LEADERSHIP THAT KOBE POSESSES...T-MAC SHOULD TAKE NOTES AND THE ROX SHOULD BE MOTIVATED NEXT YEAR TO WIN IT ALL KNOWING THEY DID A TREMENDOUS JOB TAKING THE LAKERS TO 7....AS FAR AS SHAQ GOES I THINK HES JUST AN ATTENTION-WH*RE WHOS BITTER THAT D12 IS/HAS TAKIN HIS SPOT AND THAT KOBE DID IT W/O EM...PROPS TO THE LAKERS COMING FROM A REAL AVID ROCKETS FAN WHO RECOGNIZES TALENT AND ISNT BLINDED BY BIAS IGNORANCE :cool:

9. baller4life315

Whatever floats your boat, tinman. As long as Horry still recognizes and openly declares that Dream was better than Shaq i'm cool with Horry being factored into this. ;)

10. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Member

Genius. ESPN should be leading with this.

1 person likes this.
  11. Ari

Ari Member

Yeah, but you know what else happened? Kobe could not make it past the first round without Pau Gasol, even when he had Odom playing out of his mind and the Lakers leading the Suns 3-1 in a first round series.

So yes, Kobe is a great wing player, but if history is any indication, he struggles leading teams that are less than loaded with talent.

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Has Rob ever officially called it a career yet?

13. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

Shaq 4 rings 3 finals mvps
    Kobe 4 rings 1 finals mvp
    Duncan 4 rings 3 finals mvps

same **** all great players. shaq won't win without kobe and kobe won't win it without shaq during the 3peat runs, as for the miami run, shaq got his equal share in that too. Too bad they will all get old and retire one day

14. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Member

What about Jordan's team? 55 wins without him, had teammates who ranked among the top 10 in every category.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

I found this part pretty hilarious. The part about the toughest WC in NBA history was pretty good too. Nice work.

16. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Do you not remember how ridiculous the western conference was last year?

17. kharboosa

kharboosa Member

Is that the same boston celtics who were taken to a game 7 by the atlanta hawks last year? Can they possibly be one of the most talented teams in NBA history? Or how about a team with shaq, kobe, karl malone, and gary payton being one of the most talented teams in history?

Thats the problem with you kobe fans. You think shaq was crap and kobe is the king. If you substitute kobe with vince carter, dwayne wade, lebron james, etc. with shaq in his PRIME, then the lakers still win those championships. If you substituted shaq, then you were probably a borderline lottery team.

18. sbyang

sbyang Member

You're giving Kobe too much credit here. This LA team was quite stacked. That Miami team was a 2 man show. Put it this way, if you put Kobe on that Miami team in place of Dwade, I doubt they win, maybe they wouldn't even make it past Detroit. If you put D wade in place of Kobe on this LA team, they would easily win the championship.

Also, last year's lakers got to the finals by beating Denver (a mess of a team), Utah, and San Antonio (Ginobili hobbled), hardly the gauntlet you make it out to be. The West was strong record wise, but it was a bunch of good teams and no great team.

I won't take anything away from this year's lakers, they are stacked. But I don't think the outcome is so cut and dry if they played that Miami team, it would be up to the officials.

19. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Member

I don't enjoy seeing all this Kobe sympathy and credit..

Chilcutt

20. goodbug

goodbug Member

Shaq without Kobe: 1 ring, 0 MVP, 0 FMVP
    Kobe without Shaq: 1 ring, 1 MVP, 1 FMVP