1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here's the perfect draft for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, Jun 10, 2001.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

From the mock drafts I have seen lately they have Gasol and Loren Woods going just before us or to us at 13 and I would love to have either one. I would really love to get both guys and the way I see it Gasol is going to go before Woods in all likely-hood. And I noticed that Boston had both #10 and #11. So I'm wondering if Boston would be willing to take #13, #18, #23, and a future first-rounder for #10 and #11. I think that would be enough to get both guys. Anyway, my point is that if we got Gasol and Woods then the lineup would be solid all the way through, especially if C-Webb comes to town. Woods is a center right? Imagine this lineup
    C Woods
    PF Webber
    SF Gasol
    SG Mobley
    PG Francis
    This team would be unstoppable, but even if we got Woods and Gasol I don't see Webber coming to Houston and not being THA MAN. What do yall think?

------------------

[This message has been edited by SooneRockStro (edited June 09, 2001).]

2. Mango

Mango Member

That aelliott will bookmark this thread.

Mango

------------------
    Get it right or just don't do it!
    Resistance is futile....you will be assimilated.
    Start more Webber threads!

3. Yaniv

Yaniv Member

I would prefer to take Diop and Joe Johnson/Gasol

if we take 2 of this guys and sign webber we will be the champions for sure .

------------------

4. Drex22

Drex22 Member

I have followed Woods since he was in H.S. at Cardinal Ritter near me in St. Louis. I really think that Houston might want to stay away from him. What Ive seen and heard from other people isn't real appealing. He has an attitude problem with some people. He is very very frail as well. This guy banging with the heavy weights is rather humorous. His upside seemed to be there when he was a 7 ft 17 year old, but that upside has kind of faded in my opinion. He is built like a 3 man, but I don't think he is mobile enough for that. You think Houston may get Webber (That would be awesome), so maybe you are thinking he could bang with the centers in the west, but I don't think Webber wants that. I see Woods being a skinny Cato in 3 years. Just a heads up I may be wrong.

5. aelliott

aelliott Member

Ok, Mango made me laugh so I'll respond.

Boston and almost everyone else is supposedly trying to get into the top 5 to to select Gasol. In short, he won't be there at 10.

Also, Boston already has 3 first rounders this year, so there's no way that they trade their two lottery picks and end up with 4 choices at 13 or below.

Woods will most likely be there at 13, but I'm hoping to do better than that at 13.

------------------

6. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Only way it will be a perfect draft is if we trade up and get Eddie Griffin but Richard Jefferson or Joe Johnson would still make me happy.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

Steven Hunter (could have good workout w/ Rocks)
    Gilbert Arenas (CD impressed) or Ken Johnson (shot-blocking maniac)
    Terance Morris (Rockets apparantly will take a chance)

Franchise/Mooch
    Cat/Arenas?
    Andy?/Morris
    Mo/Kenny
    Hunter?/Johnson?/CATO? [​IMG]

------------------
    "They couldn't shoot, rebound, or pass, but other than that, they played great!"

-Bill Walton

8. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

I think the Rockets will be perfectly happy taking Ken Johnson with a later pick. And there is no way the Celts are trading down.

------------------
    "If you don't understand it,
    don't try to understand it."
    -Carl Everett

9. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Very funny Mango! I didn't realize Boston had 3 picks. I also didn't realize Gasol could go top 5. That sux then because he is the one guy that has impressed me the most from what I've read. If he is a Dirk Nowitzki then he would be an awesome player to get in my opinion. You're probably right about Woods but I would definitely take him at 18. If he's there at 18 then I really think it would be worth a shot. Terence Morris is a terrible pick in my opinion. Someone compared him to Robert Horry and Horry aint that great. I think we could do much better at 23. I don't know where Troy Murphy is projected but he would be a great pick in my mind. I believe he was in the top 5 in NCAA scoring avg. this year and last year and he just gets the job done. He would be a good pick for our frontcourt needs. I don't know if he is a 3 or a 4 in the NBA though. He was a 4 in college.

------------------

10. ricky812

ricky812 Member

We need to avoid woods at all cost. He will be a huge bust. He is WAY to skinny and will need at least a few years to be in shape to play against centers in the west. I totally agree with Drex.

------------------