1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[help] keyboard error

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr. Brightside, Nov 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Brightside

My keyboard is giving me problems. For example, when I am typing the cursor will suddenly skip to the letter before it. Thus I have to go back and correct the error.

Its happening alot recently. I switched from one keyboard to another, and I am having the same problem.

Its pretty annoying.

Any suggestions as to why the cursor is skipping back or about this keyboard error?

Thx.

P.S. I'm using a desktop computer, and not a laptop

2. WildSweet&Cool

Might be a computer virus, believe it or not.

3. bladeage

bladeage Member

yea run a virus and spyware scan.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Not every computer glitch is a virus, Mr. Paranoid. :D

Brightside, test with a different keyboard to make sure it's not just the keyboard. It may be that the shift or the home key is stuck. :cool: If this is the case, you can pop the key out with a paper clip.

Also check to make sure there isn't some gooey or sticky stuff on it, 'cuz someone (or you) may have dropped some syrupie coke or drink on it. Not a big deal, just wait until it dries out.

5. bladeage

bladeage Member

he said he tested with a different keyboard you silly goose.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Well, still clean your keyboard. :eek:

7. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I was going to say Alt + F4 but I got called out in a previous thread.

:(

8. WildSweet&Cool

...and I don't diagnose every computer glitch as a virus.

When I read that he had the same problem with two different keyboards, it indicated to me that it is probably (but not definitely) a software problem.

Now, it might be possible that he has a strange keyboard driver installed, but standard keyboard drivers aren't usually problematic and I'd be especially surprised that a glitch in a keyboard driver would give these symptoms. I might feel that way if the keyboard didn't respond, or if the function keys were messed up, but not something like this.

I know for a fact that there is a computer virus that will watch your keyboard and, when you enter a double character, it adds a third character (thus, changing "door" to "dooor" and "beer" to "beeer"). That's why I suggested that it may be a virus.

9. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

do you mean the letters are writing over ones you already typed?
    hit 'insert'

10. Mr. Brightside

No, its not the insert button. I am familiar with this button.

The cursor actually moves back one space, while typing. Thus I have to move the cursor forward one space to get back to where I was originally typing.

11. Mr. Brightside

Yea, seems like it is a virus. I never actually figured it to be a virus, but I did some searching on google, and it said there is this very old virus that sometimes does this.

I'm running a system scan on my computer now.

Thanks for the help. :)

12. WildSweet&Cool

Post back here and let us know if that fixes it. I'd especially like to rub Swoly's nose in it and say, "Bad chihuahua!"