1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Help] image enlarger

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketRaccoon, Nov 24, 2009.

1. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I'm tight on time so I came here.

Can anybody help me with a good to great image enlarger software?

I have a lot of small low rez images that needs to get much bigger...almost full screen (800x600)

I've done a quick search but there seems to be quite a few so I thought asking for your advise would be a good idea.

Thanks so much for any help.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

PowerToys from MicroSoft for XP: image resizer :eek: a simple right-click and selection resizes many or one image at a time.

A word of caution, though... you DO know that your quality will diminish greatly if the picture is already "low res" and you're resizing it bigger, don't you? :confused:

4. RocketRaccoon

Actually, and maybe I didn't explain myself very well, I'm looking for something along the lines of Alienskin Blowup. I'm not looking for a simple enlarger...can do that in photoshop. I need to maintain clarity while enlarging the image/resolution.

Thanks.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: I doubt "Alienskin BlowUp" can preserve sharpness and image quality or just plain have the resulting image looking so good with just enlarging ( I saw the example at http://www.alienskin.com/blowup/blowup_example-1.aspx) . Unless your initial images have great focus and sharpness to begin with, your enlargements are going to look blurry and/or compressed with the jaggedy pixelated look. I'd like to see what that kind of software does with:
    [​IMG]

:D

6. RocketRaccoon

I knew this would be a problem, but I was hoping.

I just downloaded the Alienskin and was not happy with the outcome. I'm going to try Genuine Fractals next....fingers cross.