1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Headed to Munich for 2 weeks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chrispbrown, Jan 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Going to Munich for 2 weeks in March so I was wondering if you guys had any spots you would recommend seeing.

I am a huge Bayern fan and already have an alert for tickets when the UCL tix v arsenal go on sale and hope to catch a bundesliga match also. I've made a little list of museums and historical spots to see so I am mostly looking for place to eat or drink.

Don't hold back on price as it is all going to be expensed! Although regular places are great too!

TIA

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

The gardens at Nymphenburg Palace are great, be sure to check those out

1 person likes this.
  3. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I'll check it out, I won't have much of a commute (can walk from hotel to office) but I've read about Munich pass? It's like ~€30 for unlimited transit? Is that worth it?

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They have an awesome public transportation system. You can get most places in the city using buses, trains, and subway even the suburbs. It also one of the few cities that didn't get bombed too badly during ww2 so there are a lot of old building. Also a lot of restaurants close early so don't try to get a meal at 12.

5. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Bro, noo.

Go to Berlin. That's where you want to be. Plenty of Munich's in the world.

6. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Well, "unfortunately" it is for work so I can't pick and choose but I have 3 weekends so going to Berlin is an option.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Some of the world's best museums, just for actual experience and learning. Great walking city as well, with gorgeous parks. If you can spring a weekend day, might want to consider taking the train up into the mountains south of town (pending weather).

If you want a really important (but devastating) tour of history, take the 30-minute train ride and experience Dachau as well. Not recommended unless you're into history though... and have a strong stomach.

PS -- if you know people in Berlin, yes, do it. It's amazing and 180 degrees different from Munich. But if you just go there as a tourist for a weekend, it will totally suck, IMHO. Just construction everywhere and the locals are too busy for you. Munich more user friendly for the novice, by far.

8. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

also...the Glockenspiel is cool. But what's cooler is that it's close to hofbrauhaus