1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HBO/Costas to feature Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Free Agent, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

The bad part is you'll have to listen to Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins first.

The third season of On The Record moves to Friday's late-night lineup, beginning MAY 2 and now airs at 10:30pm CT.

http://www.hbo.com/ontherecord/episodes.shtml

Bob Costas launches it's third season with a Celebration of the baseball movie "Bull Durham" with guests Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Robert Wuhl and Ron Shelton.

The stars of "Bull Durham" may not be going to Cooperstown this weekend, but they are coming to HBO. The season premiere of ON THE RECORD WITH BOB COSTAS will feature a roundtable session with "Bull Durham" stars Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Robert Wuhl and writer-director Ron Shelton. The guests will revisit the classic baseball film made 15 years ago about life in the minor leagues in North Carolina. The film introduced Robbins' legendary character "Nuke LaLoosh." The guests were originally scheduled to appear at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown on the weekend of Apr. 26-27 to commemorate the movie's 15th anniversary. The invitation was subsequently withdrawn by the President of the Hall of Fame, touching off a firestorm. Also appearing: John Cusack, plus a special feature on NBA phenomenon Yao Ming.

2. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Gosh............I'm feeling...........sooooo..........COSTAPATED.

Costas: "And here's the greatest rookie never to win the Got Milk Rookie of the Year Award, Mr. Yao Ming."

Yao: "How much are you paying me to be on this show?"

I hate Bob Costas soooo much.

At least I don't have to listen to Costas, Albert, and Walton all at once anymore.

3. MadMonk

MadMonk Member

What's wrong with Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins?
    At least they have the guts to speak their minds in the face of right wing BS accusations of treason and disloyalty. Did we liberate the Iraqis and give back their freedom only to clamp down on the freedom of speech and self expression at home?

On a lighter note, it would be cool to see the 5 Foot 5 Bob Costas try to interview Yao Ming standing up. :D

4. Kam

Kam Member

I like Bob Costas.

5. red

red Member

to bad he has a restraining order on you...

6. almostReady

almostReady Member

I will never forget the rude comments on China made by Bob Costas in the openning ceremony of Atlanta Olympics. In fact I wish Ming punches that jerk's fat face.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I hate bob costas also. Hate with a capital H. I know it is a strong word, but that guy is so pretentious. He was terrible at basketball annoucing, and his little jokes were annoying and not funny.

That being said, I will enjoy a special on Yao Ming, considering all the hype, there really haven't been many. Maybe that has something to do with the Chinese government.

8. Rocket104

Rocket104 Member

What did he say?

9. montelwilliams

Bob is alot better than Brett Musbacher, or whatever his name is, at ABC. That guy is sleep-inducing.

10. walls

walls Member

excellent, I'll be sure to watch.

11. feishen

feishen Member

Bob's very much hated in the Chinese community, becasue his deregotory comments about China during the 1996 atlanta olympics opening ceremony.

12. sabonis

sabonis Member

EXACTLY.

Anyways I'll be watching the show... and what did Bob Costas say about China? (i'll ask the third time)

Stuart

13. Fegwu

Fegwu Member

Free Agent
    Why is WRONG or BAD about listening to Susan and Tim? Are you one of "them"? Open your eyes and free your mind. If you want to continue this 'discuss' please let me know where and when. Don't be a victim of blind faith.

14. RIET

RIET Member

Bob Costas began his career doing commentary on Greco Roman wrestling.

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Member

Interestingly we share the same sentiment. I just reacted to that before I even read your input. It is indeed very dissapointing what hypocrites really are. We harp freedom here in America but we don't really live it. Bully tactics is still the norm here. WHat makes us different from the communists and Saddams if we treat those who deffer in opinion from us? The bible tells us that God said that we perish because of the lack of knowledge of him word. I will go a little further that there is a dearth of genuine information in the world today. Bias is rampant. Hypocrites are often confused as pioneers and visionaries. Everything now these days is now politicized even the baseball HOF. It is indeed sad.

So I ask, do we really have "absolute" freedom? Based on what I have seen recently my unfortunate answer is NO.

16. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I have heard them and I don't like what they have to say. Isn't that a good enough reason?

I guess I'm one of "them".

17. almostReady

almostReady Member

Forgot his exact words. But in the openning ceremony, a time to put politics aside, and to celebrate and enjoy peace and unity, when the Chinese delegation marched into the stadium, he started to read a long list of all the bad things of China.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

"You're excited? Feel my nipples."

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I remember that....wasnt that from Drew Carey?...or was it Married With Children...I dont remember exactly...refresh my memory..

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Baseketball. Spoken by Bob Costas to Al Michaels.