1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Two things I enjoy about this season:

* Bazemore turned us down. This has led to playing time for Dekker and McDaniels, who have responded. Bazemore is shooting in the mid thirties.

* Howard is there. We are beating the Warriors and winning back to backs, Hawks getting blown out by 44 and out of the playoff picture after a quarter of the season.

Just to keep chatting about Dekker.....he and Harrell have brought unbelievable energy on the second unit. Adding that to Harden JR. has made one heckuva second unit.

2. kevtse

kevtse Member

Has Howard become a cancer there?

3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

if they keep losing it's only a matter of time before his teammates realize he is overrated and freezing him out and they start turning against each other when he starts whining

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I hate follow a couple of teams. Dallas obviously...and now the Hawks are one. A couple of their fans are already turning on Dwight.

ramotadab and DreamShook like this.
  5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So we're saying they are not contenders?

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Baze's nonsigning resulted in Ryno/Gordon. To date, a good effect for TheGoodGuys. To date.

7. simon_!

simon_! Member

no, a titanic.

"
    He can't shoot even from close range. Most of his points are dunks, driving layups and tip ins from rebounds:

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/2730/shooting/

Ya'll keep saying he need more touches but the more he touches it, he turnover the ball and his effiency drops. We lead the NBA with 11.4 post shots a game but our efficency is weak in that arena.

Does not fit with Millsap:

The Millsap + Howard pairing just doesn't work on offense at all. With just one of them, their offense is very good -- 108-109 ORtg not including tonight's game v. Toronto. With both, it's in historically bad territory -- 98 ORtg."

"I made a post on this not to long ago and was downvoted for it. Howard and Millsap simply do not match because statistically Howard last season was near the top in post touches, but near the bottom in terms of post scoring efficiency. On the other hand, Millsap is the literally opposite, being one of the top in terms of post scoring efficiency but one of the lowest for post touches.

Howard left Houston because he felt (incorrectly) that he didn't get enough touches in the post, so I assume the Hawks promised Howard more involvement on offense. Looking at the stats so far, Dwight is currently top 10 in possessions in the post, but has a points per possession (PPP) of only 0.77. Millsap is currently top 20 at 0.96 PPP, but his total possessions in the post and frequency of post ups are both lower than Howard's."

8. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Cant blame yesterday on D12. -3 +/- during his 28 minutes on the court. -41 +/- during his 20 minutes off the court.

9. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

You might be an idiot if you ditch a top-five player to play basketball with a glorified GSW cheerleader and a Paul Millsap rental.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm a hate follower too and I hate myself for it. I loved players like AB, Scola, Landry and Lowry and I completely dropped them after they left the Rockets.

I've watched more Memphis games just because I'm hate following Chandler Parsons. I'm disgusted with my NBA viewership decisions.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.