1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Having the Talk with Your Kids...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by twhy77, Dec 1, 2010.

Tags:
  1. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

I'm not going to lie. Since having kids, I've thought about this very question no less than 5 or 6 times. We still haven't had the talk yet though.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pCjMGOvMghY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pCjMGOvMghY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    :grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I've never seen one star wars movie.

3. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

You can't be serious.

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Super serial.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Same. I've seen a few minutes here and there, but never sat and watched an entire movie.

6. liljojo

liljojo Member

I don't want to see you post on here until you've watched all of them. Or at least the original 3.

What's wrong with you, man?

7. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Hanging out with my nephew, I've noticed too few of the current 13-21 generation actually cares about Star Wars anymore. Damn shame..

8. twhy77

I'm thinking those of you who haven't seen any Star Wars movies might have been born around the time Episode I came out. Judging by join dates, and posting style, I'd say that's probably correct.

9. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

I've never seen any stars wars movies either. It's more of an interest thing more then anything else, I was simply never interested in those kinds of movies. I think the same may apply to some people who haven't watched the movies either.

Not saying that the star wars movies were bad, in fact they might he pretty good, for certain audiences.

10. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

The couple years between the SE releases in 1997 and the opening of Episode 1 in 99 was probably the best time for Star Wars fans since 1983-84. Too bad it all went out the window in '99 with gungans, fart jokes, and steppin' in crap on tatooine.

Star Wars is still some fine entertainment. I have the original laser discs(last released in 1995) and the sound still holds its own after you get past the tinny intro music of A New Hope.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

That would explain a lot.

12. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

I've seen this.

...does that count?

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

My parents never had any serious talk with me about anything growing up...unless you count getting on me about schoolwork. That's my only gripe about my parents approach to parenting. I never had any of those talks when it came time for those talks.

I highly recommend you parents don't practice that approach.

Talk to your kids when you think they are old enough. Not having those talks is the worst thing you can do imo.

At least you can say you had the talks...even if the kid(s) ignore you, laugh at you, or whatever.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I am glad I spoke early to my girls about this. They understand PADMé and her role in the Universe, and how bad it is to think in absolutes... :eek: I told them "If I ever see you talking to some boy who in any way supports Sith beliefs, I will shoot both of you", I sure did.

The LAMERville forums sent you dudes this way? :confused:

:p

15. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Being different and unique = cool

Being different and unique because you haven't seen Star Wars (original trilogy) = sucks to be you

Being different and unique because you haven't seen Star Wars (original trilogy) and think its cool that you haven't? = absolute supreme unadulterated suckitude.

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Helllllll No!!

Dude just go rent all of the star wars, you'll enjoy them.

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

That reminds me, I just watched the South Park episode where the boys' parents lobby to get sex ed taught as part of the fourth grade curriculum because they can't teach it themselves. :grin:

I hadn't seen Star Wars until around 3 years ago. It was AWESOME, and I hate the genre in general.

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I've seen all of them. But I think they all are really crappy.

Maybe if I saw it in the theatres for the first time back in the 70's and 80's it would have been different, but I didn't find what was so great about the films.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Star Trek > Star Wars

20. twhy77

I don't know where you get your delusions laser-brain.