1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

"Haunted" Places

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

So, this Saturday, I'm going to an old cemetery that is said to be haunted. It was started in the late 1700s to early 1800s. Apparently, a young girl was chased there by an angry mob, and stoned in the cemetery (the reason why is uncertain). She is still buried there.

The cemetery is like five miles down a dirt road, and then you have a short walk down a trail in the woods to get to it. Lots of eerie things have been reported there. Things like ghosts, orbs, electronic malfunctions (like cars not being able to start, cameras and phones suddenly draining battery, etc), and weird things with animals. People have reported being chased down the road by deer, and also have reported deer mysteriously being impaled on the wrought iron fence that encircles the place (only one entrance/exit).

I'm pumped. We're bringing a voice recorder, cell phones and possibly disposable cameras. I don't really believe in this stuff, but am open minded, and looking for a good scare.

I know we've had somewhat similar threads to this in the past, but share some "haunted" house/place experiences.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I haven't been to the Spaghetti Warehouse in a long time.

I love how the local news always have the same story every year about haunted places. They can roll out old tape. No one will know.

3. liljojo

liljojo Member

I firmly believe in ghosts.

Being from another country will do that to you.

4. Yao11

Yao11 Member

I've been there a few times, but didn't see/experience anything. Anything happen to you when you went, Kam?

5. Two Sandwiches

What's the deal with spaghetti warehouse?

I thought Kam was being sarcastic for some reason.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't know why people chase these things. I would make sure I'd be the furthest I can from these places.

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i agree, especially 3rd world country

8. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

well I grew up in spring... I hear they do ghost tours...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OCzGa9ieXZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://oldtownspringonline.com/tour.htm

9. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

10. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

Madame Lalaurie's mansion in New Orleans

11. Two Sandwiches

I'm loving the tags!

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It says 10 replies but I only see 8????? The thread is haunted waaaaah.

13. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Most likely the most famous "haunted" place in town. I practice at Fransisco studios downtown and I am sure it's got lots of old stories to tell and I wouldn't doubt that it too was "haunted".

14. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

at the Edge of North Shore and Channelview is the site of an old army base that was closed after WWII. All that is left are a couple of tin buildings and I've heard there are underground bunkers. I've been in the tin buildings at night, briefly, but I was told that in the 70's some it is believed that people used the grounds for satanic rituals. Probably mostly BS, but still interesting..especially when I was in High School.

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

East end of Galveston Island

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I had this Ouija board in college... from Toys R Us. Screwed around with it a few times with friends. Nothing ever happened, it didn't even move. Anyways, I took a girl I had recently met on a semi-date to a cemetery the day before Halloween and I brought the ouija board. It was seriously moving around all over the place right after you'd ask a question. She thought I was moving it. I thought she was moving it. I still assume she was moving it. It definitely wasn't me. Crazy experience, but kind of fun.

Random.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Delete this one. Suckers.

#17 Ziggy, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  18. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Stanley Hotel....room 407. It's supposed to be haunted by some Lord Dunraven dude. He didn't bother me much....think he was digging the bowl I shared with him. The shower and the alarm clock acted somewhat oddly, but that could be just mechanical failure. But there was the inexplicable odor of cherry pipe tobacco that just kinda came from nowhere.

19. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

So being chased by a deer is considered paranormal?

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Last time I went was a long time ago. Like Maybe a decade or so. Maybe the last Millennium in fact. (98 or 99)