1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Anyone on this BBS ever posted a trade rumor/proposal that came true????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperKev, Jun 9, 2002.

1. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

This thread is for roster moves that were predicted In Advance that actually happened. Every one either suggesting or predicting trades etc. 'Insider' rumors etc...

Wouldn't it be great to get some 3rd party confirmation of some of this?

Those that can confirm a previous trade prediction, insider prediction or any roster move that really happened please post here.

Lets find out who really has a winning track record.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, it wasn't a dead on prediction, but oeilpere mentioned long before last season's draft day to watch for New Jersey and that there might be a trade there. That was more than enough to convince me to listen to anything OP posts.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Oeilpere and rocketsfan34 called the Francis trade...
    Oeilpere said the Nets were the "team to watch" in regards to the Rockets and trading last year...

Doc's been in front of every big signing (Mo, Hakeem leaving, etc.)
    Doc called the Rice trade, I think...

That's a few that I can think of right now.

4. SuperKev

Ok. A few mentioned so far. Is it possible to get specific quotes related to those? Or were they generalized statements like you might hear from say 'Miss Cleo'. (just kidding)

Just for the record I have in fact seen specific statements brought here on the BBS actually happen, but there are so many and its likely 1 in a thousand will be correct.

Would be great to get a quote from a previous post.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I wouldn't want someone to be too consistent all the time. Who knows, some crazy GM or assistant might read all the boards and keep track of who's an accurate leak. Sounds far fetched, but media leaks have been known to kill trades.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

As I recall last year Pops called the 3 for 1 trade with the Nets the day before the draft.

7. idrockfan

idrockfan Contributing Member

OP knew about the willis trade before it happened too.

8. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

There was one where someone overheard someone on a cell in the Galleria, and IT CAME TRUE -- I don't remember who it was, or what trade/signing it was -- Pippen? or was this the Francis one?

I'm trying to search for it, but can't find it -- I think it may be on the old BBS.

9. red

red Contributing Member

that was the francis deal.

10. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Yeah, that was rockets03 on that one. Man, he was roasted in here when he posted that. Completely. Then OP (those days he was popeye) chimed in with some specifics, and was also ridiculed. When the Francis trade went down, that was the official beginning of popeye's (oeilpere's) fame here. And yes, there were specifics, not just general things that would have worked anyway. There is absolutely no question the guy has a source or sources. The same is true for Doc, although until recently he has posted rarely and cryptically. I can't remember the specific trade or signing he called that got everybody's attention here. Clutch also has access to great information, but to my memory has never been the first to give information- always chiming in after somebody else brings it up to confirm or deny.

Superkev, if you're wondering why people get so excited about oeilpere and doc rocket posting in here, it's because we are getting true blue insider info. Seriously. Just use the search function if you want, although I don't know how far back it goes.

11. BullRider

BullRider Member

popeyes stuff is wicked cool & I dig reading it but he given a long leash here. he has been wrong a lot lot lot and majority of the time he will throw so much on the wall that something is bound to stick and then every one acts like he is nostradamous. I still hit his posts immediately tho. doc's cryptic stuff drives me wild!!! but I get the sense he is much more reliable. a clutch post is usually the most reliable info tho its not as juicy as the other posts (but real life never is!!!!) he credits doc w/alot of his info. clutch broke the rice/anderson deal tho http://bbs.clutchcity.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20670 & doc in his cryptic wayz did for t-rex from denver http://bbs.clutchcity.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23751 . overall I like doc, clutch, pops. all 3 are very good!!!

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I said Rice was over the hill and Moochie was overpaid, does that count?

13. Greg M

Greg M Member

[rough adlib]<i>I was in the mall when I overheard a man talking on his cell...so I followed him through the Galleria trying to pick up as much as I could. As soon as he realized I was following him, he told whoever he was talking to that he had to go....</i>[/rough adlib]

I remember reading that post and laughing at the guy. He was the butt of the jokes for a few daysd until popeye started to speak up. It's a definate BBS classic. Didn't he frist overhear him in a Foot Locker?

14. Stevie Francis

i haven't been here that long so i'd like to witness this in person, so whats this OP's prediction for this off season.

15. SuperKev

We've been hearing about some of the 'big 3' predictions that happened using possibly 'inside' sources, but...

But who has made trade predictions with no inside information where the trade actually went down?

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That was rocketsfan34. He was in a mall and overheard the conversation. Still possibly the coolest scoop since I've been on this bbs. Don't give rockets03 a bigger head than he already has. :)

17. lpbman

lpbman Member

who was on the phone?

18. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

are you just curious?

or are you leading towards some sort of conclusion or hypothesis?

I am wondering where is this going...

19. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Even rocketsfan34 didn't know who was on the phone - just someone saying things that were very specific about the Francis deal and sounding like he was with the Rockets.

That was ridiculous.

I remember somone giving the scoop on the Shandon Anderson signing before it happened.

A lot has been hit and miss but it is that way with every media outlet too. My guess is that the track record here has been no better or worse than anyone else, but we know as early if not earlier than just about anybody out there.

There is NO better Rockets information source than ClutchCity.net. Period.

20. lpbman

lpbman Member

thanks Jeff

I wonder if other teams have picked up on this