1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Adelman Turned our once proud scrappy Rockets team into a bunch of Floppers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thefinalchapter, Nov 24, 2010.

1. thefinalchapter

I dont know, but from watching this game and all the games the season, its seems like our whole starting 5 flops all the time. It seems like Kevin Martin does everytime he drives to the basket, and there was a particular play in the 2nd quarter tonight when the ref called an illegal screen againist Dorrell Wright,which on the replay showed Martin obviously flopping for the call. instead of playing sound defense he would much rather take the easy way out.

Not just him, Listen i love Scola, but this guy flops more than a pancake at Denny's. I hate how he pump fakes, and then leans in to the defender, trying to steal a call. He needs to go up strong

Hayes, Battier, and Lowry flop as well. And that is basically our whole starting 5, hell I have even seen Yao flops once or twice this season, especially the play i think he got injured on againist the Wizards. I remmeber when Mutombo would yell at Yao for flopping. Ever since Adelman got here, he has encouraged flopping. Even Shaq said he respects Yao because he doesn't flop.

I have been watching the rockets play all season, and i hate to say it, but i think we are turning into the Utah Jazz of 2007-2009. I hate floppers, i hate them, and i know Bill Worrell and Drexler hate them as well.

JVG would be rolling over in his grave if he were dead

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We won.

DD

1 person likes this.
  3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

that's not what's important here DD, come on now! Focus!

4. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

repped.

5. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Even when we win people hate..

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They were already floppers.

Heck, the whole NBA is a flopping league. The refs reward it.

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Daryl Morey has mentioned an emphasis on bringing in players that have a knack for getting to the free throw line. Guys that do this that aren't truly dynamic players are generally floppers.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Exactly. Thread closed.

9. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

Stop the presses

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

The OP actually has a legitimate point, just poor timing after a Rockets win. Had we lost, then people would give it more thought.

But on the subject, yeah we definitely have a team with a lot of floppers.. It pisses me off to see Lowry or Scola try to flop and get a call, and then the offensive player blows right by them for an easy lay-up. That's inexcusable. But what the hell, most of the league does it anyway..

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What do you want us to do,

You want people like Scola, Battier and Hayes with a combined vertical of like 15 inches to go up there and volleyball spike like Dwight Howard.

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

In this thread: a bunch of people who dont care how the rockets win.

As long as we win as a bunch of p*****s...ALL IS GOOD YEAH

13. HookemHorns1250

Eh, I really don't see Chuck flopping too much. As for Battier, there's a difference between flopping, and anticipating the hit. When you see Battier sliding his feet and hitting the floor when the player runs into him, it's more of him showing the ref that he had the right position, not so much that he wants a call that shouldn't be there.

Also, when does Yao flop? It seems like a lot of your "Flops" are mistaken as charges. Also, IMO Scola has gotten a bit better about his flopping. There is nothing wrong with pump faking, and jumping towards the player if he even jumps slightly towards you in the air attempting to block your shot. EVERY player does that when he gets a player into the air.

As for Lowry/Martin, yes it gets annoying.

14. ThaShark316_28

Rockets have been flopping since JVG's last season as coach.

15. Ashes

Ashes Member

I'd say Battier and Scola have been flopping for a few years now.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

sometimes it's too much...i dont like flopping when you have a legitimate chance to contest a shot well, but you have to use the game in your favor and that includes using the refs. If they have shown they can be tricked or that they'll count flops as fouls, then you have to use it to your advantage..otherwise other teams will and they'll always have that over you.

17. vick

vick Member

They finally got a win. I dont care how they got it. a wins, a win :grin:

18. sergio

sergio Member

Other teams flop Yao out of games when he plays so why shouldn't we do it. That is how he's been defended through out the years when he was almost unstoppable. Have we forgotton? :rolleyes:

19. Halfback10

Halfback10 Rookie

I was never a fan of Rick Adelman in the first place. Rockets were a respected defensive team when Jeff Van Gundy was here. *sigh*

20. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

your observations are sound padowan.

the rockets defense is poor.

whats even worse is when we flop and the opponent still scores. i think it ignites the other team.

not a kevin martin fan...