1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden or Paul George?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, May 12, 2013.

1. Aleron

Aleron Member

If you replaced Lance with Harden, because of the way it's calculated, Harden would likely have a top 3 defensive rating and have the highest defensive win share (its basically your teams drating * your minutes, he'd be logging the most minutes as the primary offensive player) in the nba. Every one on Indiana has an incredibly good dws/drtg, even as pointed out Luis Scola who in 17 mpg has 2.4 DWS, Lebron btw at 38 mpg has a DWS of 2.5 (lol).

#1661 Aleron, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

2 points doe lul

3. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

1) It's logical to say replacing a better defender with a worse one would drop IND's team rating in the first place.
    2) With the increased role on offense (due to worse offensive players), it's logical to say Harden's current effort would be worse due to fatigue.
    3) It's logical to say, IF Vogel was able to convince James to play more defense his offense would suffer.
    4) It's a decent assumption to say, George's efficiency (specifically mean shooting so SamFisher's knows) has suffered due to his minutes and offensive burden. He was good 1st month then right after All-Star.
    5) It's logical to say, George's efficiency would rise in Houston due to less offensive burden AND playing with better offensive players.

Any one of those 5 points could very well not come to fruition. Just speaking logically.

Don't want to argue anymore.
    Already said Harden the better player overall.
    George will probably never be on Harden's level offensively.
    Happy to have James.

My only thing is, posters act like they can't give George any credit... that's all. The man is not just leading the league DWS... the distance between him and 2nd is same as 2nd to 6th. He has largest disparity between any player in top 20, probably the entire league. It's okay to give people their props and still debate. Or maybe, if you just gave people their props you'd realize there was no need for debate.

That's cool, Aleron.

Go Rockets!!

4. NotChandlerParsons

umm but let me tell you about a little thing called DEFENSE, would James Harden have held the mighty Charlotte Bobcats to a mere 109 points? I think not.

5. Aleron

Aleron Member

STOP USING DWS, IT IS AN ENTIRELY USELESS STAT, HE LEADS DWS BECAUSE HE LEADS INDIANA IN MINUTES.

STOP USING DWS, IT IS AN ENTIRELY USELESS STAT, HE LEADS DWS BECAUSE HE LEADS INDIANA IN MINUTES.

What I was saying had nothing to do with whether he's a good defender, it's specifically your repeated use of that useless stat, which is why I said Harden would lead it if you replaced Lance with Harden, because Harden would then become Indiana's minutes leader instead of George.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

Anyone can play defense, though. Even the scrubbiest of scrubs can play good defense if they tried. So what if Paul George plays defense? It just means he put effort into it.

We all know harden can play defense when he wants to play defense.

You can teach defense but you can't teach offense. We all know harden is a better player, just a fact. No way would he be shut down to only two points.

8. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

He is actually acknowledging Harden as the better player because the Pacers let the defensive Bobcats with one of the lowest FG% in the league score 109 pts on them while they themselves only scored 88.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

IND@HOU tomorrow.

rah, rah, rah

10. mario_v

mario_v Member

Ah, you're right. Guess I wasn't paying attention. My mistake.

11. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

I agree, PG's offense is jump shot based, which makes it very streaky. If he gets hot, then he's amazing, but if it goes away then you get a 2 pt effort.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

13. bizzyboi

bizzyboi Member

This.

Gimme Harden all day.

14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

16. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

My spy tells me that ice bag was actually an ice sleeping bag. That was the reason he scored TWO points last game. He was injured from head to toes.

17. dje243

dje243 Member

That picture is amazing!

18. valorita

valorita Member

Lost all credence when derozan on that list as he is not even the most valuable player on his own team. I also think Dwight should get an honorable mention.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Raptors are 3rd in the east, Derozan is their big time scorer. You can let it pass.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

So far PG destroying this dude