1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is not uncoachable - Harden is uncoached

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think that is what we are seeing now.

I think DanAndToni have given up
    I honestly think Harden will do what is asked by his coach
    From another player . . . 50/50 but I don't see him as one to fight the coach

McHale had no X's and O's
    DanAndToni (this year) does not give a f*ck

I have given up on DanAndToni
    I am not overly mad because he is working without a contract for next year
    he knows tilman will let him go either way . .. . maybe look for a cheaper coach

If we dip out of the playoffs .. . Tilman will fire him
    Then again . . .I am falling into the Tilman is Cheap crowd and he may run out the year

#Frustrated

SInce we have major insiders here. . . . has anyone seen or heard of instances where Harden
    waved off a coach or ignored them ?

Rocket River

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Mike is 100 percent the problem and he needs to be shown the door. It’s painfully obvious but we’re not hearing a peep from upper management these days and the reason for that is tilman is cheap/spineless/doesn’t give af.

LabMouse and BigShasta like this.
  3. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Kevin McHale didn’t know the X’s and O’s But he knew to go with the hot hand. Harden quit on him. They can bring in whatever coach they want harden will buy in the first year or two then go back to this. His butt needed to be benched for sitting there dribbling between the legs and taking a step back three that he has been horrible shooting these past few games.

MrSabotage, TimV, arabrocket and 3 others like this.
  4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Forced threes. Teams are playing us accordingly. I do think this situation is more on the coaching than the players. Harden is free lancing and once checked is playing like a chicken without head. Too much ad hoc stuff based on randomness.

LabMouse, bro2044 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  5. WestendMassive

Mike has maximised Harden's efficiency and keeps running with it because the stats say his scoring per possession is above average.

But by doing that, every other player on the team's efficiency is in the shitter because they aren't playing a team game.

So when Harden's having a **** game lile today there is no plan B, because the other guys don't get the ball enough to get in a rhythm.

All these other teams are adopting the 3s and layups approach but they create open shots from ball movement, screens and teamwork. We just spam isos and hope for the best. Something has to change drastically, this roster is clearly not suited to just stand and watch Harden or Westbrook go to work

6. Section123row16seat1

I heard from the courstide chatter the tram is tanking to get D’Antoni fired

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Mike is the problem but Harden got McHale fired.

I do think Harden would benefit from a new voice - Dantoni is running him and others into the ground.

The roster is deep - but it is lopsided with guards.

DD

8. Mr. Space City

Once D'Antoni is gone, they'll just hire another yes man to keep Harden happy, because Tillman knows that Harden is still his cash cow, and keeping him happy is what matters most.

Rocket PR and arabrocket like this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

James has to show some leadership and play at a high level or at least high effort 48 minutes and the basketball will start to go our way. We just need to make the right play, which means no ill advised threes , take the ball to the basket more especially at the beginning of quarters so that we get into the penalty sooner. If we get into the penalty that will take away the opposing teams aggression and we set up Westbrook to drive sown peoples throats

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Near all of Clutchfans wanted McHale fired.

Rocket River

11. mastan

mastan Member

Harden is most likely not to listen to new voice.... and a new coach would serve Harden just to save his job. I still want a new coach though.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The players????
    I don't see it but. I could be wrong

Rocket River

Section123row16seat1 likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What proof do you have?
    When has harden behaved like this ?
    Are you saying harden is not running what Dantoni wants??

Rocket River

14. Section123row16seat1

Highlight of my night

I got a selfie with Rudy t

would upload if it were an option on this site

bro2044 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  15. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

The same frustration as op
    waiting along side op for an insider show up here to do Q&A

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

give me a break op. thats bs. harden deserves 50 percent of the blame.

so he needs coaching to tell him to not stand at half court...or to move without the ball.

stop bro. i been defending harden. even still he could do alot morr then iso

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So.....you know Dantoni has actually told him to move?
    I mean heard Mike say this....

We are in the middle of a losing streak.
    Not once has Mike said we need more movement that I have seen

Can you drop a link or video?

Rocket River

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't hate Mike. I don't think he's the garbage coach people make him out to be, I think for many here the honeymoon is just over so we are a lot more critical of him.

Now, I do think there are better coaches. Spo, Bud, Pop, Kerr... and I think he's very hard to replace because it's like replacing Westbrook.

Sure there are guys better than Russ but how easy is it to find his replacement? I'm sure we all would replace MDA with any of those coaches.

This is where MDA is at for me. I think the Rockets will right this ship and finish with HCA somehow, still a lot of season left and no way Harden is this bad for much longer. No way.

But my issue with MDA is he's way too stubborn.

Stuck with his rotations to a fault. Thabo should have played more minutes tonight, he played well, and Harden should have probably sat and watched for some in the 4th.

Refuses to expand his bench despite us seeing that guys CAN play spot minutes if given the choice.

And MDA is a very player oriented coach, when things go well, that's fine. No one's going to look at him...but when things go bad? They tend to really go bad for Mike, look at NYK and LAL situations, his teams there completely fell apart.

So where I'm at, I'd replace MDA for some elite level coach, sure, but where is that guy coming from? I've always wanted to give Messina a shot but he's gone back to Europe.

There is Jerry Stackhouse who won a NBGL championship which does usually translate well (since it's not like you are winning with overwhelming talent there.) and the guy is a former player that may resonate with players.

I mean, if people are going to want to replace MDA, lets hear some names, because MDA isn't some garbage coach that any replacement will do, like JB Bickerstaff, it's very possible...likely...that we get someone even worse than MDA.

19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Y'all keep blaming MDA, but the real problem is Daryl Morey. The reason Harden's incoachable is because he's given Harden the power to do what he wants without consequence. He's catered a whole offense to getting Harden MVP trophies. So when it comes to player or coaches holding him accountable, he just gets them fired

J.R., arabrocket, cheke64 and 3 others like this.
  20. Senator

Senator Member

Harden is just a guy who you have to give free reigns to, like Steve Nash. Coaching him would hurt his game and the team doesn't have the talent to stifle him.

hakeem94 likes this.