1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden called the last PnR play for Dwight and Lin to get Lin his 1st triple-double

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flamingdts, Feb 1, 2014.

1. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Member

Haren wanna raise Jlin's trade value. :grin:

2. jamphus

jamphus Member

Good point.
    AND don't forget Harden's previous play... :cool:

3. conquistador#11

we already kind of knew that Mchale wasn't the one calling in "13 Iso blast left" from the sidelines.
    But now we know for sure harden's radio inside his helmet has been preventing him from getting Mchale's original play, so he just free lances it.

Let the ball do the work, guys.

4. Codman

Codman Member

This can only make the "insert player only fan club" angry.

They want to believe that Harden/Dwight/McHale/Pat Beverly are the enemy.

Congrats to Jeremy and props to James for being a real dude.

5. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

for most Lin fans... its always been about how Lin has been used... ie standing at 3 point line waiting to take a 3 point shot...

Lin fans going after other players... are just going overboard in their defence of their position that Lin should be used more to initiate the offence and need to tone it down...

the shame is... we saw this last year, after the all star break and are seeing it right now..Lin and the team play better when he is allowed to be aggressive and initiate the offence...

IE I saw quite a few plays where Bev brought the ball up and Lin curled off his player to the top of the 3 point line to get the ball... in their half court sets

for me the argument should not be starting line up or not...

the shame should be long time Rox fans... should have been up in arms about how Lin has been used this year even coming off the bench... playing off the ball...

we saw it in last nights game the bench play decently... and gave the starters good amount of rest (Harden playing way too many minutes if you want to keep him healthy and fresh for the playoffs)

imagine a one two punch of Harden and then Howard

then Lin and Asik coming off the bench doing PnR, I would argue Asik and Dmo would not be asking for trades right now

if they just let Lin initiate the offence and distribute the ball

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

While I don't believe that Harden is as selfish as some other people, I do think he can be pretty immature or overconfident in his ability. But I think that can be attributed to him being a young player and wanting to constantly prove he can be the number one option on a contending team. And honestly, I don't mind that type of attitude in your young franchise player. Sure, it's ultra frustrating to watch him try to beat teams by himself, most times hurting his own team, but it's growing pains. I'm pretty sure most if not all of the great superstar players in this league has gone through similar situations. The question is just when will he mature to be the superstar he can be?

I think him sitting out those two games moved the maturity problem two steps in the right direction. Hopefully he saw that this team can still win huge games without him going isoball in pressure moments. That team play will always beat individual play. Last night, he didn't force as much as he usually does. But at the end he still got his 28 so it is possible for him to play within a team concept while getting good numbers. I want to see if this can continue for the rest of the season and against some better teams in tight situations.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Dumbest thing I've read today.

8. jocar

jocar Member

Funny how the usual morons (minus tomato) avoided this thread like plague. If you have nothing bad to say, don't say anything at all?

9. Remii

Remii Member

Also to Harden's credit he NEVER comes out and throw his teammates under the bus (like they do him) no matter how s**ty they are playing.

10. langal

langal Member

Anyone notice how Harden called the correct play when we needed a bucket?

Makes you wonder what the coaching staff does during timeouts.

11. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

Hilarious, best post in this thread.

12. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

It was less about Harden calling the correct play, and more about what the audience wanted.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

You spoke too soon. LOL.

ETA: I'm also pretty sure Harden tried to get Lin that last assist on the possession before the timeout. Jeremy passed to him, and he hesitated and tried that ridiculous three instead of passing again. Ill-advised shot for sure, but I thought it was cool of him to try (and worth the effort, given the point differential at that time).

14. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Parsons quote was really taken out of context. No one on this team calls out anyone. Parsons has a slight problem, but hopefully Morey tells him to stop. Everyone else really has been quiet. You are right you never hear anything out of Harden, or even Dwight for that matter. I think they wanna stay out of the spotlight, and not say anything that will hurt their image, and I like it.

15. TheJet

TheJet Member

Wait, so the crowd can dictate what plays are called? W.T.F. It's on us ladies and gents. Time to go Ducks. Bring out those PnR signs and I'll bring the giant Lee Corso head.

Wait, does that mean ISO?

16. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

It was the last minute and the lead was huge.

17. rj3000

rj3000 Member

Listen to the crowd chanting LIN over and over again. Harden would look very bad taking that shot, and denying Lin the triple double he had to give it to Lin

http://youtu.be/JyL3Tj7ZApI?t=9m30s

Listen to the crowd at 9:30. The boo's would have been so great if he too that shot. Don't think Harden wants to be boo'd in his home court.

18. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

The possession before that one, Harden tried to bring it in himself and lost the ball turning it over. Combining that with the crowd's chanting Harden did the smart thing and everybody was happy. Classy for Jeremy to mention that Harden called the last PnR.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Even when there is no drama, you always get people trying their hardest to make something out of nothing.

20. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

these are actually good words to live by...