1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem Olajuwon's 52 point career high game to be on ESPN Classic this Saturday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JBIIRockets, Jul 2, 2002.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

The game was played on 4/19/90.

The first airing comes on at 10 pm central, with the final airing being on Sunday morning at 2 am.

Get yours VCR's ready, I know I will

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

That game sucked I think. It was against Denver and we lost in OT I believe.

3. mulletman

mulletman Member

i remember that game -- i agree -- it was boring and they lost.

if they had to show an old olajuwon game, i would pick one of his games from the western conference finals in 1995

4. mav3434

mav3434 Member

I thought it was against Seattle in the playoffs in 87 and it was Double OT. We still lost though. I'm convinced it was Buck Johnsons fault for whattever reason.

5. outlaw

outlaw Member

i wanna see the Quadruple double game

6. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

Everybody wanna make Buck the fall guy....lol....I dont know, there comes a time where Don Chaney has to take responsibility for his decision makinng.....

(joking) ah well, who cares? - Joe Barely does....

7. mav3434

mav3434 Member

I think it was Bill Fitch back then. Either way, Robert Horry should be pissed off at Buck for causing people to boo him in 93, as well as Harold Miner for being still available.

8. JBIIRockets

Where have you been lately? NBA TV and Classic show games from that 1995 series every summer.

It is better that Classic pick a game that has never been shown before.

For example, Instead of showing game 6 of the 1998 Finals five times a summer, how about showing game 5 of that series when Utah won a close game. I don't think Game 5 has ever been shoen on Classic or NBA TV. Classic and NBA TV need to show more games and not the same old popular ones over and over again.

In fact to answer your preference, you wish is granted, next Saturday july 13th, ESPN Classic is showing Game 6 of the 1995 Western Conference Finals at 10 pm.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I believe that's the game where Dream had 49.

10. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

It was Dirk Minnifield who screwed up. I think we had a 3 point lead w/about 30 seconds to go and he tried to dribble between his legs. The ball was stolen and led to 3 point play that tied the game. Story came out years ago in Sports Illustrated that he was coked up or had being doing coke the night before.

11. JBIIRockets

Man, that game was exciting, the first time I've seen it.

is it me, or Did Bill Hanslik paly like Michael Jordan in that game. He did not miss at all.