1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

H-Town Jukes "Long Time Comin'" CD Release!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketMan Tex, May 18, 2010.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Hey you wild and crazy party people!

The H-Town Jukes, the old-school blues band I play in, are releasing our debut CD called "Long Time Comin'". It will be available on CDBaby.com and at Cactus & Sound Exchange early next week. iTunes and Amazon will have it in about 4 weeks. The CD was recorded at Rock Romano's Red Shack and produced by Rock Romano and your truly. CD Release events are as follows...CDs will be for sale at these events and all upcoming H-Town Jukes gigs:

Friday May 21 - Official CD release party at the Magnolia Bar & Grill, 6000 Richmond (@ Fountainview). We play from 6-10 PM. Mudbugs, beer & CDs for sale. Outdoor show on the deck (weather permitting).

Thursday May 27 - Big Easy, 5731 Kirby Drive. We will be hosting the May 2010 Houston Blues Society jam. Doing a 1 hour set at 9:00 PM followed by the jam. If you play, bring your axe and put your name on the list, and we will get you onstage!

Saturday May 29 - Outrigger Grill, 515 Commerce St. in beautiful downtown Palacios TX. We play from 7-11PM. This is our 5th year in a row playing the Outrigger during Memorial Day weekend. Killer seafood, cold ass beer, and hot blues!

There is no cover charge for any of the 3 shows. Hope to see you out there! Let the celebration begin!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Congrats man, I'll definitely order myself a copy!

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I'll pick this up off the amazon. Thanks for the heads up.

4. RocketMan Tex

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Congratulations.

6. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Awesome! Congratulations! I'd love to make it to one of the shows, but I'm under the gun to finish moving into a new house by the end of the month... so much to do and no time to even practice guitar... yearrgh! I'll look for you guys next time around.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Congrats! I've never really considered myself much of a blues guy, but those tracks are INFECTIOUS. I could literally listen all day, although, for some reason, they make me really thirsty for an adult beverage (or 10.....). But seriously, really nice work.

Is that your new drummer? I saw your ad looking for someone on Craigslist a while back. Guy has some nice left handed action going on during those shuffles. He doesn't fake it (like I do). ;)

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i hope to make it out friday, man! you know i'm pumped about this!

9. RocketMan Tex

Ima...drummer is Carl Owens. He's played with us off and on over the years and decided to be our fulltime guy after we didn't get much response from the ads. He is first rate!

10. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6dx6qJNzT_M&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6dx6qJNzT_M&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. RocketMan Tex

sLaNd B a L L a - what is that??

12. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Congrats man! Can't wait to hear it!

13. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Juke is a popular style of dance here in Chicago, and your band's name reminded me of the song posted above. :)

To watch the dance, click here.

#13 s land balla, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  14. RocketMan Tex

Gotcha. I was in Chicago two weekends ago. Lots of fun!!

15. RocketMan Tex

Hey kids...we're playing a couple of shows this weekend in support of our new CD.....

Tonight (Thursday 5/27) we are hosting the Houston Blues Society monthly jam at the Big Easy, 5731 Kirby Drive. We will do a one hour set from 9-10 and then the jam will begin. If you play, and you want to play the blues, bring your axe to the Big Easy tonight. Put your name on the signup sheet and you will be onstage before the night is through!

Saturday 5/29 we will be down in Palacios at the Outrigger Grill, 515 Commerce St. We've played at the Outrigger every Memorial Day weekend for the last 5 years. They've got great seafood and a cool outdoor tiki bar with a stage. It's a block from Matagorda Bay. We play from 7-11PM.

Also, "Long Time Comin'" is now available for digital download on iTunes and Amazon.com - go gitchya some!!! :cool: