1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great Butt-hurt article from Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by banzai, Apr 19, 2015.

1. roidrage

roidrage Member

I'd boo him if he got hurt it was not serious and 15 million can pay for a lot of pain pills

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

I am generally against booing ex-players, especially a nobody like Portions but it really seemed to bother him.

He doesn't like it. He wants the questions and attention to stop, the 15 million dollar contract is heavy pressure he has never had before. So go ahead and boo. It isn't a great look but whatever.

3. count_dough-ku

If booing a player messes him up in the head to the point where he's ineffective, then do it. Personally, I don't think it's necessary to boo Parsons at this point. He's played at Toyota Center as a Mav for 3 games now. The Rockets have moved on and probably know in their hearts they're better off without him(I'm curious what Parsons thinks).

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I have lived in TN my whole life and even I knew that it is "Houstonian" and not "Houstonite". WTF is wrong with that guy?

Any way, I am enjoying this so far as it seems like most "experts" I have seen on TV are picking the Mavericks to upset us.

Booing Parsons is fine with me except when he is hurt. But I got the sense that the booing did bother him and he (Parsons) is trying too hard to show that he deserved that ridiculous contract. I hope he keeps playing like a damn fool and this series will be over in 4 games.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

OMG I just now got your username reference.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

You know what (mostly) unravels any argument that Rox fans boo Parsons because he didn't choose us?

We don't boo Dragic or Lowry for choosing PHX/TOR.

That alone should tell you that there is another variable in the equation.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This

The article actually says the Rockets out-talent the Mavs and gave props to our game plan.

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

take care of home and then we get 2 shots to steal one on the road

9. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

Great point.

10. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

It's just a forum. Relax..

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

He's referring to the stadium and he's right.

12. gifford1967

gifford1967 Member
    Supporting Member

Booing an injury is bull****. All other booing of Parsons is richly deserved.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Anyone at the game confirm whether it was the entirety of the "Houstonite" crowd or if it was a a select percentage of drunk idiots? Big difference there that the "Blogger" didn't specify. Every crazed sports crowd has a select few idiots of course.

But whatever... SB Nation is a fan blogging site. Credentials needed to be a local writer/blogger/whatever.... probably not much. I think the writer for the Sixers is a freshman in college and started when he was in high school or something like that. Why we should be shocked or even respond to much of any of their opinions I really don't know.

14. frontline94

frontline94 Member

fair, but i wouldve loved if lebron played here, doesnt mean as a fun im going to give him **** if he comes to play against us

15. frontline94

frontline94 Member

exactly, i do remember only the fans nearest him when walking into the locker room booing him, and that does not represent even a small minorty of the Rox fanbase

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

Take it from me y'all, I'm a native dallassasian!

17. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Toyota Center is our house. Players should not feel welcome when they come to our house and try to kick us or of the playoffs. Reason I love college football is the amount of intimidation when teams come play us, ESPECIALLY rival teams.

This is not a rainbow and unicorn environment. This is hostile area

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Member

I don't really like the booing to that extreme because some players can feed off it,Parsons doesn't seem to so whatever ,he deserves it for all the cheap remarks and lack of class he's shown.... Like that stupid song where his line is " left Houston so easily"

I also don't think this guy has much credibility .. he was asked multiple times in that thread about who made the "tampon" remark and just ignored the question .Booing the injury might have been just 4 loud drunk guys, besides it wasn't like he laid on the floor and had to be carted off with an acl tear , he had a limp .. boo hoo should we take a moment of silence next time he breaks a fingernail.

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Well the boo'ing when Parsons was leaving -- seemingly injured -- was very tacky, and I said so at the game to people around me. I didn't boo him, I'm not that salty. I think we came out ahead in the end -- both financially and team. And in the end I think it burdens Dallas.

I don't remember any meaningful Dirk sucks chants. I remember a brief one and a general rumbling and heckling around the stadium whenever Dirk flopped to the ground.

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It was definitely more than 4 drunk guys. It was a good amount of the stadium, at least the side I was on (middle of lower bowl even with baseline). The guy was limping back to the locker room. It's tacky to boo a guy when he might be injured -- you never know when it's serious. There is a time and a place, on the court.