1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Government Buys Books to Keep Secrets [I want my money back]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ToyCen428, Sep 10, 2010.

1. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Source: NY Times

So they are using the taxpayers money to buy these books for what purpose? Are they afraid information not in the best interest of the public will be set free?

Oh well, I'm sure a copy will surface somewhere, and it'll get posted online for the world to see.

Does this outrage anyone else?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Buy 10,000 book covers, print "Koran" on them and send them to that nut in Florida.

They can't read anyway...so when they have their book burning, problem is solved.

DD

1 person likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Haven't had one of those in a while...

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

As a book collector, I see this as a great way to instantly increase the value of my investment. Thanks for the tip.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

How ridiculously stupid to think they can control that information once it's in print. Gee, think there are digital copies somewhere, gais? Think maybe you just made a bunch of people incredibly interested?

But Toycen, this is kind of disappointing for one of your threads, I have to say. I come to your thread expecting something out of Philip K Dick or similar.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Dick Insulter!! How DARE you? Oh, that the world has come to this. The horror! :(

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Tee hee hee. lulz

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

The horror.

9. ROCKET RY

ROCKET RY Contributing Member

What is this Nazi Germany?

10. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

That is, until they come to cease and destroy your collection in the name of national security. You'll be lucky if they don't detain you as a terrorist. No charges. No warrant. No rights.