1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Gore's Negro tolerance.... (isn't) too high!"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BrianKagy, Sep 8, 2000.

1. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Aaah, yes, the good old Washington Times, owned by good old Reverend Moon. And who says there is a "Liberal" media?

Brian, it's Friday! I'm too tired for this!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    This is my dog.
    This is my pony.
    And now, on with the show!!!!

3. BrianKagy

Hey, Georgia Democratic Rep. Cynthia McKinney ****ing said it. Just because the New York Times is too busy swooning over Gore tongue-wrestling with his wife doesn't mean it didn't happen.

------------------
    There's nothing like the NET... clutchcity.net

4. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

If there was any doubt on who I prefer to vote for (which there wasn't much to begin with), this seals the deal for me.

Unless, Bush comes out in support of the Ku Klux Klan sometime soon. Then well, I'd vote for me.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

5. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Dreamer,

Don't you have to be 35 or better to be elected President?

Mango

------------------
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum.
    Things happening in the rest of the NBA
    2. Use clear wording for new threads.
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult.
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Donate Blood or be assimilated!

6. RocketMan Tex

And, likewise, just because the Washington Times prints it, doesn't mean it did happen either!

Brian, I'm tired. It's Friday. May I please take a nap now?? [​IMG]

------------------
    This is my dog.
    This is my pony.

7. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

sunnuva...

Yeah, well... that doesn't stop me from voting for me. I just can't be elected.

My vote would be sending a message for the next election. My birthday is January 7th, so I'll be 35 by the next one. (Well, technically the next inauguration.) If anyone else out there has views similar to mine and you want to help send Washington a message vote for me, Paul Liles or DREAMer may suffice.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

8. BrianKagy

9. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

DREAMer,

At first I thought you meant John Sunnunu, then realized it was something else you had on your fingertips.

[​IMG]

Mango

------------------
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum.
    Things happening in the rest of the NBA
    2. Use clear wording for new threads.
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult.
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Donate Blood or be assimilated!

10. RocketMan Tex

Mmm hmmm. *YAWN* [​IMG]

------------------
    This is my dog.
    This is my pony.

11. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I saw a show about the secret service's racism last week. They showed some hillbilly party in 'the woods' in Tennessee in which there were slur words all over signs things such as "****** go home", etc. etc.

Truly f@#$ed up stuff. Agents (on the condition of...) said that when they complained there lives were threatened. They were told to never mention it again.

What a bunch of mystery weirdos. Then again, people that like to run around with sleek guns and sophisto burger king headsets have never been labeled the shiniest penny in class.

I'm not sure how Cynthia McKinney tied this into a Gore racism charge.

Liberal spin: Gore's a racist.

Moderate spin: She told Gore, he talked to the FBI, and they said they have infiltrated the Secret Service and not to f@#$ anything up.

Conservative spin: Haha jerk. This is much more bad press than saying *******.

Moon's spin: Don't call us "Moonies". We're unificationists. [​IMG]

Want a pretty pressed russian flower?

------------------
    Why don't you guys go down to the gym and pump each other

12. RocketMan Tex

"Since its beginning in 1865 the Secret Service has "permitted a racially hostile environment to exist," Special Agent Malcolm Landry said in a deposition distributed at a recent news conference"

And that's straight from McKinney's website also. Sounds like it's been happening for a while, rather than something that began during this campaign. And, as Achebe pointed out, it can be spun a number of ways.

Like I said before.

*YAWN* [​IMG]

------------------
    This is my dog.
    This is my pony.

13. Achebe

My spin: [​IMG]

It seems as if, if you're one of their clients you'd want them (the Secret Service) to figure it out themselves.

It is immoral to be pragmatic about racist issues. However, these men are brainwashed to do a rather bizarre task... stepping in front of bullets comes to mind.

Is that a task that the FBI can do in an emergency situation? Do they have the comaderie that the Secret Service is bred on? Do they have the mysterious patriotism that is part of the job?

What a screwed up situation. Now, if he's not vocal, he loses the faith of the black secret service agents. If he says something, then all of the white agents get the proverbial slap.

If I were him, I'd ask the FBI if they liked to get shot at. [​IMG]

------------------

14. BrianKagy

Why would someone who is evidently bored by a topic post four separate replies on a thread...?

If you don't find it interesting or don't care that a member of the liberal wing of the Democratic Party thinks Gore's got some serious racial issues, then go find another ****in' thread to post on. Jeez.

------------------

[This message has been edited by BrianKagy (edited September 08, 2000).]

15. BrianKagy

PS:

Explain, please. We're only supposed to approach these issues with our hearts, not our heads?

16. RocketMan Tex

Why?!?

Because I enjoy watching you get bent out of shape over every single political thread in this BBS, that's why!

I thought you had it figured out by now. I guess I was wrong. My bad. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    This is my dog.
    This is my pony.

17. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Must be a slow news day. Sounds like much ado about nothing if you ask me, especially the EEOC charges. They need some better evidence than that to convince me of anything. The "Tennessee roundup" could be a bigger deal, in the department, but I didn't see Mr. Gore's name mentioned as attending the event.

All in all, it seems to me like you need a bigger issue to prop your soapbox on, BK.

------------------

18. Achebe

BK:

That was basically my disclaimer ( [​IMG]) before I posted, essentially, that if Gore addresses racism in his crew it could mean his life.

The right thing to do, is to have the secret service 'do the right thing' behind the scenes, IMO.

Unfortunately, some congressperson decided to make it a political issue. Great. Way to go. She's essentially demanding that the VP do the exact same thing for public approval, and ignore the potential ramifications.

------------------

19. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

You guys are getting WAY off topic.

We are supposed to be discussing who will be voting for me in the next two presidential elections.

Jeff,

I know you're busy and all, but after the Rockets get "saved" maybe you should become my campaign manager, create "saveourcountry.com", and start a grass roots movement to get my butt in the White House.

DREAMer's Platform:

Anti-Death Penalty - I don't believe that any government should be able to say who lives and who dies. The possibility of corruption and abuse of that right outweighs any good that can be achieved from it.

Anti-Abortion - I cannot take away choice. I am actually "Pro-Choice". Choice is a God given right. But, I do not think our government should condone the killing of babies. It boils down to one thing, even if you think it should be legal and it should be a woman's choice... abortion is not right.

Pro-Defense - I believe that the ever rising level of technology has allowed Anti-American factions to gain access to weapons never before available on such a wide scale. We no longer can only look out for the Soviet / Communist threat, we must make ourselves aware that through our own actions we have become a target for many nations around the world.

Anti-Big Government - We should have fewer laws not more. We don't need a law telling people how to chew bubble gum, or to wear a seat belt, or to wear a helmet. Bureaucracy and red tape must be trimmed down to only the necessary not the excessive.

Pro-Legalization of Drugs - I'm not just talking about medicinal mar1juana. I'm talking about just about everything besides maybe PCP. Alcohol is a drug, nicotine is a drug. I don't believe the government should be able to say that some drugs (which are very similar) are okay, but these over here are not. Legalize it and use that revenue plus the savings on not having to wage a "war on drugs" anymore and put that money to better use, like education. Did you see in that Colombian Drug Sub thread that the U.S. had a $1.3 billion budget to help fight drugs in Colombia alone? (I think that's right...)

Pro-Prison Reform - I think prisoners should work while in prison. They already can get a free education, why not give a little back by performing tasks suited for their situation?

I can't think of anything else right now. If you have questions you can call my hotline 1-800-DREAMer for more information.

------------------
    I have a dream.........I wake up in the White House.
    DREAMer's Presidential Page

[This message has been edited by DREAMer (edited September 08, 2000).]

20. BrianKagy

It gets better and better!

Now she's saying "I didn't say that, plus I didn't mean it when I said it!"

The people of Georgia should be proud to have Cynthia McKinney serving them.

------------------