1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State as Trade partner for T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Seth, May 18, 2009.

1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Jackson is the guy we need and remember he is from the beaumont area and has championship experience with the spurs

2. sweetbobl

sweetbobl Member

Doesn't GS want Baron back? If that's the case, think about a 3 way deal with the Clips. Baron to GS, TMac to Clips, Camby and Ellis to Houston. The only question is... is Monta worth 11 a yr for the next few? Usually you want a guy making that much (near the max) to draw double teams. He'd be a nice 2 for an RA offense but I'm not sure he fits into DM's moneyball-like thought process.

3. min

min Member

azubuke is awesome!

seen him play a lot out here...

that guy is ripped!

and has dramatically improved his game... athletic, strong, can drive, can shoot... he would be GREAT on this team...

4. min

min Member

i watch the warriors all the time

jackson is a ball hog and a turn over machine...

he has a shoot first mentality... and think she's better than he is...

DO NOT sign him

he does play good D and is not scared to take the shot... but he needs the ball in his hands to be good

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Where does the idea that Jackson is a good shooter come from?

For 38 games after being traded to Golden State in 06-07 he shot a nice 44%, but other than that, he's been pretty bad.

Career 41%, 34% from three, and he's been below that average for two straight years, as well as being below that average the two years before being sent to Golden State. So 4 out of the last 5 years he's shot BELOW his BAD career average of 41.8%.

He's T-Mac minus the passing abilities plus a bad attitude.

6. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

PG: Brooks , Lowry
    SG: Tmac, Wafer, Barry, White
    SF: Artest, Battier
    PF: Scola, Landry, Dorsey
    C : Yao, Hayes

With Brooks and Lowry gain one more year of experience I see no reason to upgrade the PG issue anymore. JUST LET THEM GROW! Getting Nash/Bibby will not let us look towards the future.

Our SG situation is pretty much set... TMac is coming back like it or not, whether we can only have him play 24 minutes a night whatever. Wafer is gonna work on his defense during the summer. Still have a Vet in Barry. Also a nice athletic rookie in White.

Our SF and PF situation.. well lets just say I don't have to write anything about it.

Our center position needs a 6'8+ up guy. I think we should target Zaza.

7. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Member

Biedrins/Ellis would be sick, but you can't just steal players from other teams.

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Member

He's T-Mac minus the passing abilities plus a bad attitude plus mentally tough. You can't say that about Half Man Half a Season.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

tmac + von wafer S&T for jackson + maggette + turiaf

doubt GSW would do this right now. but they could be willing at the trade deadline though

10. GOAT

GOAT Member

2 things myself and DD have been saying this for a long time and Ellis is not injury prone. He hurt himself riding a scooter in the off season.

Give me Ellis, Maggette and Turiaff for Tmac and Brooks combo.

Ellis, Lowry
    Shane, Maggette
    Ron, Wafer
    Scola, Landry
    Yao, Ronny

11. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Member

GS would be an interesting team to have trade talks with, I gotta admit.

At the same time, all that talent, and it just hasn't materialized. Maybe it's time for a change for some of them.

12. HeyDude

HeyDude Member

S. Jackson last year : 0.418 FG %, 3.88 TO . . . :eek:

13. pmac

pmac Member

Yes, he is very similar to what Mcgrady used to be. He's a good jump shooter who doesn't go to the rim enough.

But, he's a playmaker. His salary is MUCH smaller and he's usually healthy. Remember, a healthy mcgrady was all we really needed to put us over the top this season. Someone to draw a double from the perimeter and get us easy shots.

I'm not sure where you got minus the passing ability from but that's the best thing he brings to the table. Some guys are known for being accurate shooters and some get accurate shooters good shots.

14. Rileydog

Rileydog Member

I can roll with that. I might even be willing to add Landry to make it happen.

I'd also add that Jackson adds the toughness we need. Someone said that Jackson is the kind of guy that will play better on a winning team. I agree. He has the physical tools to be a strong defender and has shown flashes in the past. Here, he would adopt the defensive minded philosophy we have, and has the grit to execute.

Being in GS turns anyone into a gunslinger with no regard for defense.

15. h-townfan

h-townfan Member

I doubt GSW will want to part with Ellis or Biedrins. The more likely scenerio would be a combination of Jackson, Magette, or Crawford and I have a feeling they would ask for one of our young players like Brooks or Landry to do the deal.

16. blazer

blazer Member

GSW want Baron back + the lottery pick from the clippers :p

17. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

is ellis, JACK-SON :D, and biedrins asking for much? :confused: :D :D

18. A13

A13 Member

I guess these kinds of trading Thread will last For whole Summer, Right?
    So, ~~~~

19. AB#0

AB#0 Member

Any way you can get Ellis for T-Mac we jump all over it. I know Ellis wants out of Golden State. I would love to see Ellis in Houston. But if we did do a trade like this you know Landry ,Wafer, Lowry or Brooks would be in the deal, I would feel sorry for them because DON prolly wouldn't give the many PT.

20. SouthMJS

SouthMJS Member

Jackson and Artest back together- oh boy