1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gifts for Dads, Uncles and other manly men...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by IROC it, Dec 2, 2008.

1. IROC it

IROC it Member

What do you get for the "man that has everything" this holiday?

Look no further!

Mandles!
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u-6ph7NWoBM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u-6ph7NWoBM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1% Wax, 99% Testosterone!

2. Dei

Dei Member

I wonder how they made the Chuck Norris Sweat mandle...

3. MoBalls

MoBalls Member

After chatting with a lady friend of mine yesterday. I think anything that can store your tools in your garage would be great. I told my wife yesterday that this is what I want from my kids and her. I have everything too, but this would be so much better than a tie, socks, wallet, underwear or polo-type shirts(what I usually get every year)

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Hand Crank Flashlight.

[​IMG]

I got one of these last Christmas and it was a GOD SEND during Ike. You can also use it to charge your cell phone.

5. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

There are these new binoculars with a digital camera on them. I think this is one of the coolest ideas out there, especially for a hunter.

I saw them on woot for about 60 bucks. I know they probably retail higher. You can finally prove that huge deer you saw really was big.

6. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

This is what I need also but I think a better gift would be a Logitech Harmony.

For the guy with the flashlight idea let me suggest an actually decent light. Like a

[​IMG]
    I had a few nice flashlights during Ike and made it with a stockpile of batteries, both rechargeable and primary cells. That light runs for over 3 hours of very nice output.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

MoBalls, when are you coming over to finish my lawn, joto? :eek:
    It's "JalapeƱo." :eek:

;)

8. zoork34

zoork34 Member

holy crap, $175 for a flashlight??? I think you could probably get more light out of burning 175 $1 bills!

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Mine doesn't use batteries, that's the whole point of an emergency flashlight. :) And it charges any cell phone (without batteries) and costs about $155 less than yours.

10. droxford

droxford Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qwCPhHezc-o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qwCPhHezc-o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Member

This thread will def help me to decide what to get my dad and my future father in law...

More ideas, por favor!

12. fmullegun

well mine can actually light up a room. And I don;t have a sore arm from shaking it every 20 minutes.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Wait, we're still talking about flashlights, right?

14. rage

rage Member

You forget that this thread was for manly man . :D
    (Sry, u left yourself open, it was too easy.)

15. fmullegun

Many men shake lights only to have a small LED barely light anything? No many men have powerful flashlights that blind anyone stupid enough to look at them.

16. conquistador#11

How about some manly man tools?
    Offf, Offf, offf

[​IMG]

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Yes. That is exactly the purpose I would use these camera binoculars for. I would not use them to take pictures through distant windows of women undressing and then posting those pictures on the internet.

18. Chopped

Chopped Member

to those looking for cheap, cool gifts, best site i found is dealextreme.com they are legit, ive bought many things and never had a problem, they have high output flashlights also if you are into that thing.

19. fmullegun

you have to be careful though. they are also known for selling complete crap. All of their stuff is imports and the product descriptions are hit and miss.

For cheaper flashlights you can try www.fenix-store.com

20. IROC it

IROC it Member

FWIW - I did start this thread to spark suggestions (the first post was obviously a joke... and Swoly still corrected the spelling in the vid. :rolleyes: )

I'm hoping for some tools that really mean something this year. Tired of all the small $10 sets that crap out... or the multiple screw driver bits and soft sockets...

For anybody wondering... don't buy the 40 piece for $10 sets of "tools." Spend another $10 or so more, and get about a 10-15 piece of at least some of Stanley or Craftsman quality... don't buy crap and call it a meaningful gift.

One idea I saw that was decent and inexpensive was the little charging caddy that holds keys and has room behind/under it for a power strip or extension cord with slots for a mobile and an mp3 player or bluetooth... I could use one.

Keep the ideas coming... for the guys, that is. ;)