1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GameFly

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AXG, Dec 18, 2008.

1. AXG

AXG Member

I am really considering getting the GameFly service for my family but I want to know some things first if anyone here has it.

What quality are the discs when you get them in the mail, are they scratched and dirty?

How long does it take to get a new game when you request it?

Thanks, guys.

2. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I will say that good luck actually getting the game you are looking for these days at a Blockbuster or a Hollywood video. Everytime I go there, they have junk, nothing good, and what was good it always either a. rented or b. never returned.

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I have been using them for about 6 months. i have never had a disk problem usually pretty clean. I did have a problem where they sent me a disk for a game that was wrong. they sent the Extras disk from a CE but I emailed them and they corrected it and resent the game the same day. I live in Beaumont and I think distribution is from Austin. I send one back and usually have another in about 3 days. I am on the plan where you get 2 games so it usually is not a problem. I send one back and play the other, I rotate so I usually have something to play all the time.

4. AXG

AXG Member

Cool, thanks man. I think I am going to do the same plan.

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I also have gamefly and like them. It is a lot quicker turnaround since they opened the Austin distribution center. The only complaint is that they are a little lazy about sending games lower in your queue because of the "low" availability of the games at the top.

The way around this (and its worked) is to limit your queue to 3-4 games you really want. They might take an extra day or two to get them to you, but you always have the game you actually want.

I will also make the comment that I usually average purchasing a game every month or so, maybe 2 if a couple games I've been waiting for come out. Since I have been on gamefly for the last 6-7 months, I've only purchased one game while playing significantly more variation.

6. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

My roomate seems to like it but he always gets gay games like Fifa and holds on to them forever. What a queer.

7. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I used to use them when I would "back up" games for my xbox. The games always played fine and they arrived within a few days. I liked their service.

8. AXG

AXG Member

Also, is there a number to contact them or do I have to e-mail them?

9. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Lets discuss this "back up". How can I do it?

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The quickness with receiving games depends on how close you live to a gamefly shipping center. I believe there's one in Texas, cause I've gotten games pretty quick.

i'd also recommend buying the preused games off their website. The few I have bought have been immaculate, better than any other used retailer. They last had army of two for 10$ I think.

11. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Yea its alot better than it was a year ago. I had it before when they would ship from California. It took almost a week. Now its about the same as Netflix.. I ship out today, they receieve it tomorrow and ship a new game, I get it the day after. Very fast, games are never scratched. Highly recommended, and yes the used games are really cheap. Free shipping too, and they send you the case and manual if you decide to keep a game you already have.