1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones *Spoilers*] Season Five

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DrLudicrous, Jul 28, 2014.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Anything goes here.

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

wtf! arianne martell? amirite

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Do we know that she's being left out? Could it just be that she hasn't been cast or that they simply haven't announced it yet?

4. DCkid

It's possible. Didn't the same thing happen with the Reeds and blackfish not initially appearing in casting announcements? I hope that's the case.

EDIT: Eh, nevermind they were just brought in a season later than expected. There is no way Arianne could come in at at a later season. She's almost certainly just not part of the show.

#4 DCkid, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  5. DCkid

And I have to admit I wanted to see Victarion jump onto another ship in full metal armor and smash it all to hell.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There are 2 details that would certainly lead to the perception that she's gone.

Trystane Martell in the casting details is reported as the heir to Dorne, not one of the heirs. Plus Aerys Oakheart hasn't cast either. On top of that the fact that they have aged up Trystane and Myrcella to be adults it would certainly seem they will play some role of significance.

I can't believe they would do this, I would have rather they cut the Sand Snakes than Arianne. I never minded the cuts until this one, this one pisses me off, she was the character I was most looking forward to.

Also the fact that they haven't casted any of Arya's new charcters leads me to think they want to save Jaqen as a surprise, and that he will be back in one form or another.

Lastly I always expected the Greyjoy's to be cut, they were always side charcters that won't play a factor in the end. HBO does't want to add more charcters than they have to, expecially ones as disintersing (IMO) as the Greyjoys.

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

SO no casting for the drowned priest? is he being written out? Is the whole Kingsmoot being written out?

8. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

This seems like something they couldn't cut out, considering that Euron is closing in on Slaver's Bay with a horn than can supposedly control dragons. I'm guessing it might get pushed to the 6th season.

9. DCkid

Yeah, at some point they're going to have to start stalling a little bit with how long it takes the books to come out. Seems like this would be a good spot to take a step back. Of course most watchers now expect a big event to occur in every episode, so that would be a challenge.

I'm assuming they'll be spending time in river lands next season with Tully's, Frey's, Brotherhood without Banners, etc.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I don't, I think they are gonna blow through most of AFFC and ADWD next season. They may stall a little in season 6 if GRRM is close to completing WOW.

He isn't gonna finish the books in time for the series to finish, at this point that's a fact not an opinion, HBO knows that and I think they are prepared to move forward one way or the other, even without the books. Hopefully GRRM capitulates and agrees to help write the final 2-3 seasons.

11. DCkid

Okay, but certainly they're going to have to have something with the Brotherhood next season? Don't you think?

12. conquistador#11

if all men must die, does that mean arya becomes ruler chic of all kingdoms? i think so!!11!

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Nope. I think they're out, and I think the greyjoys are gone save for who they've already introduced. The Tully's may make an appearance at some point, Jamie has to do something next season. I expect Brienne to meet up with Sansa at some point.

I think HBO intends to focus on the established characters moving forward, I think the Martells are the last major players we will see.

14. DCkid

I guess you're right. I haven't been paying much attention and just read Lady Stoneheart won't be in the show.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Arianne and the Sand Snakes are most of the reason, imo, that Feast for Crows was the weak link in the series. They can cut more.

You can have Euron and Victarion without bothering with the King's Moot and Damphair, etc.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Damphair was weak. I want to see Victarion already.

17. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

They could easily cut out the Damphair, but I really hope they don't cut out the Kingsmoot.

18. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Arienne is responsible for trying make myrcella a queen, some of the best stuff from affc is between her ser arys, areo, and darkstar, when myrcella was shipped off to dorne there was a kingsguard in the boat

Also, where is quinton martell? He could be left out but I really want to see him get killed by a dragon,

There is also the golden company and the targaryen that tyrion accompanies in the free cities, damn that's pretry expansive when you consider they have already left out the kettleblacks, and how do they incorporate the vale?

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The sand snakes could try to make Myrcella queen. Easily fixed. Also they may have the noble Hizdar Zo Lorak get toasted. I don't think his storyline is important and it would serve to satisfy... but would be too cliché I fear.