1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

Game of Thrones" Season 8 is officially coming back in 2019, HBO announced Thursday.

Season 7 of the series aired this past summer, while the previous seasons of the show had aired in the spring. It is unknown at this time at what point in 2019 "Game of Thrones" will air, but the final season of the megahit fantasy series will consist of six episodes. Season 7 was seven episodes, several of which were over an hour long.

Series star Sophie Turner previously told Variety production on Season 8 began in October and is set to run into the middle of 2018.

Season 7 of "Game of Thrones" was the show's highest-rated yet, breaking several records in the process. The season finale was watched by 16.5 million viewers, including people who watched the episode as it aired and night-of streams. Of those, 12.1 million watched the episode as it aired, making it the most-watched episode in series history.

Directors for the new season are: series creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, David Nutter, and Miguel Sapochnik. Benioff and Weiss will also write the new season along with Bryan Cogman and Dave Hill. Benioff and Weiss executive produce along with Carolyn Strauss, Frank Doelger and Bernadette Caulfield. Cogman, Guymon Casady, Vince Gerardis and George R.R. Martin co-executive produce

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...ason-8-set-to-air-in-2019-20180104-story.html

K mf G likes this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

My first ever - 'first'

It's going to be a long, long year and a half or so.

Jontro likes this.
  3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m one of the very few people that did not watch this show. I had to know what the hype was, even though i did not know what to expect.

I went out last Saturday and bought season one. HOLY HELL!! Totally blew me away! I watched all of season one by the next day.

I went out and bought seasons 2 and 3 Sunday. I’m now on episode 7 of season 3. So glad I don’t have to wait to watch these from week to week...yet. I will for sure buy every season.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i envy you. treasure these times. you can never have them back!

i was where you are a year ago. after years of people telling me to watch it i finally did. i wasnt getting into it initially and wondered if i would continue then there was the episode that ended with lady stark calling her banners in the tavern when tyrion confronted her...from that moment on i was hooked.

i watched the first 6 seasons in about 4 months, just in time to catch season 7 in real time.

GRENDEL, Sajan, K mf G and 1 other person like this.
  5. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

I'm assuming you bought hard copies of the seasons.

Why would you buy multiple seasons on DVD format when you can get HBO stream 1 month subscription for less than 1 season? In a few years DVD will be obsolete bro.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

My advice to the unsullied: don't read this thread again until you're caught up. Don't click spoiler buttons even if you think it's a harmless joke

everyone dies

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

haven't watched season 7. i'm saving it for later... especially since season 8 is in 2019.

2019!!! wtf, who has that kinda patience!

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not enough Brothel secks as of late. ;)

Jontro likes this.
  9. mikol13

Supporting Member

Why do people still buy vinyl? I just like to own things like this. I do appreciate the heads up on the stream, but it’s just what i do.

jcf likes this.
  10. mikol13

Supporting Member

Definitely won’t read anything.

I just finished season 3. I was absolutely blown away by episode 9. Rob and Catelyn Stark :mad:

Ok i will stop posting such old news. :p

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. cebu

cebu Member

Unsullied are already dead.. You don't say you're living if you're dickless.

12. val_modus

val_modus Member

Smh everyone always remembers the red wedding as Rob and Cat, I only remember it as the Grey Wind episode :(

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

First season was epic, the past couple of seasons was good. Did not catch all the seasons in between.

I most like reading the character sypnosis and stories and seeing how epic they are

14. mikol13

Supporting Member

There is always a lot to take in with every episode. It wasn’t just about those two in that episode for me, i just hated to see it happen that way.

Just finished season 4 which i bought same day. I cannot stop watching, it’s never seemingly enough. I’ve never done this with any show ever.

Watching episode 1 of season 5 as I type this right now.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Must be cool watching the older episodes while the rest of the world has watched it years ago.

Like a new sensation.

mikol13 likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Same, I watched the whole series about 4 months ago for the very first time. Was devastated when I realized season 8 wasn't coming out for another year, even more devastated when I found out it's going to be the last season.

mikol13 likes this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If you thing GOT is great and addicting. Try watching Golden Girls. Give it until around the middle of the 1st season. You won't stop after that.

Harrisment, B-Bob and mikol13 like this.
  18. MystikArkitect

Let’s hope that George RR Martin is HEAVILY involved in the script and HBO gives the series the finale it deserves. It’s going to take some clever writing to

Undo all the terrible dialogue and plot lines of Season 7. It really treated the show like the fan fiction it wasn’t instead of the political gothic tour de force it was for so long. Please don’t force feed us Clegane Bowl, or some drawn out Viseryon vs Drogon firefight. Just write it well and give it the time it needs to conclude. Don’t mind waiting.

dachuda86, R0ckets03 and fba34 like this.
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Not to be mr. negative, but its hard to imagine a 6 episode final season where a lot of people aren't disappointed in various ways.

I mean, I'll be disappointed unless a lot of characters die. Lol.

20. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Well. No reason to pay for HBO in 2018.

dachuda86 likes this.