1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

From What I Hear....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Member

It's still early but there are some tiny rumblings.

I heard several weeks ago that Rudy had ALREADY been told that he would not coach the team next year. Whether that means moving up or out, I don't know. Today, I heard from a friend of mine that KNOWS quite a bit, that Rudy will INDEED BE BACK! One of the coaches was told 'we have nothing to worry about!' So, in disgrace, I take back one of my 'Not bad' posts!! :(

This is a very weird situation but from what I hear, Rudy WILL be back and veterans will be brought in. Vague, I know, but I'll explain.

As for Cuttino, he says that they will try to move him. Actually, he says that they WILL move him...as they will Eddie. Cato was mentioned as someone who's stock is rising to the point that they are NOT looking to move him. I would say that I agree but my instincts would insist that I vomit on myself for saying it. (OK..I kinda agree!!)

This is a little shocking but he said that Moochie may be CUT! I told him that I can't see that but he says it had been discussed as early as January.

As for the Larry Brown rumors, I've heard nothing substantial about that but I have heard of it.

Another thing he said is that the coaches DEFINITELY are talking about certain Clippers but he actually said that he would rather not say who they are just yet. I begged....he said no! Done! Sorry...I don't know..............................yet! :confused:

No info on Posey at all. Tito Maddox is an absoulute cancer to the team. He stated that of all the truths out there, Maddox is a BAD BAD person and is worthless. Also, Maddox has arguably the WORST jumper in the league! He simply has no shooting skills at all! But he kept saying how Maddox is not a good guy! take it for what it's worth.

He told me of some veterans that they're looking at but asked me not to say. PG - East - PF - West - SG - EAST. How's that?

He also said Steve's a 2 next year and that's that. He said 'He'll be playing the 2!'

Well, that's what I hear. I know it's not much but that's it for now. Things will pick up but it will not be me who breaks them...sorry. Clutch will break them as usual when appropriate.
    These are not groundbreaking but it's all I've heard from within that organization. I'll be travelling overseas for a month in the summer but will of course check in for the OP news!

Whaddya hear Pops??

#1 Doc Rocket, Apr 21, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2003
  2. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

Finally.

The offseason has officially begun...

;)

3. HakeemdaDream

HakeemdaDream Member

Interesting but quite vaque

4. Toast

Toast Member

PG -- East
    PF -- West
    SG -- East

Clippers -- West

Can I do the math?

My wish list also includes PG -- East to be Gary Payton. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

5. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Finally... The Doc... has come back... to the BBS!

6. Huricane

Huricane Member

Thank You Doc.:)

7. Rileydog

Rileydog Member

"He'll be playing the 2!" Nothing like AI dropping 50 plus in the playoffs to make us salivate, although the move has probably been in the works for some time.

Ok folks. It's time to get to scrub other teams' rosters. Identify the . . .

PG - East

PF - West

SG - East.

8. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Hooray for Moochie being cut. So they are going with moving Steve to the 2 interesting. Now if they do that, Moochie cut, and Tito being a worthless troll then that means they need to bring in 2 point guards?

9. RIET

RIET Member

These are the threads that everyone wants to see.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

SG - East?

But if Steve's the 2, we don't really need to worry about that.

Thank Grawd Cat and EG will be moved. The former can't pass. The latter won't grow on this team.

As far as "PF - West," I guess they can look into the chance of acquiring Brand (which would make sense, because the Clips have wanted Cuttino, and his presence might convince Lamar to stay).

I don't suppose Stromile Swift for the exception? He'd be a good 24 mpg dude, but nothing groundbreaking.

PG of the East? Maybe Eric Snow? Jamal Crawford?

We'd BETTER re-sign Posey!

DAMN, why do I love this shiznit so much?

11. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

PG -- East
    Darrell Armstrong?

PF -- West
    Brand? Garnett?

SG -- East
    ???

This is exciting.

That's pretty interesting about Tito. The coaches were just raving about him in practices. Also...Cuttino saying that he'll be traded? Wow.

12. matrixReloaded

so i guess they are giving up on Eddie after 2 years?

shoulda kept Jefferson ;)

13. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Wow, if that is the case!!!

I just would hate for this team to trade Griffin, if it is not for another young, the sky is the limit, type of player.

And geez, Mobley did give the Rockets loyalty by signing for less, what a way to repay him!

But, this team does need a back up two and a better backup point guard.

But, ****. How can they cut Moochie after giving him a 7 or 6 year deal. What the heck is the problem with CBA backup point guards and the Rockets. We still have Maloney on the books for 5 or so more years. Now Moochie will be there long after Maloney gets off the books!!

Nice to hear about Rudy.

14. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

If there is any truth to this..moving Steve to the 2, giving up EG, Cat(and others) and picking up a VET PG from the east...they must be considering making a play for Jason Kidd.
    That is if this isnt pure BS.

#14 zzhiggins, Apr 21, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2003
  15. UTweezer

UTweezer Member

im hoping that PF from the west is a certain ELTON BRAND

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Member

Imagine the speed and youth of:

PG Crawford
    SG Francis
    SF Posey
    PF Brand
    C Yao Ming

Awesome.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yep,

I predicted that Rudy's illness would give him a free pass this year.

He will be on a short leash though for sure.

DD

18. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Member

Haaaaaaaaaa! But I hear ya though. It's not much but it's enough to keep us going for a while. :)

Cheers Doc!

19. robbieg

robbieg Member

Damn it. I am dissapointed. I wanted Kwame,and lewis or odom. Shoot.:mad:

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

If you believed all the crap they spew, Jason Collier would already be in the hall of fame.

As for Moochie Norris - not that I am against himplaying less, and I realize he has a horrible contract, but are you telling me there isn't a single other team out there with a bad contract player willing to make a trade. I mean, why throw away all that money. You might get lucky, and trading for crap player on team B could be somewhat decent player on team A - even if he never plays a second, at least bring in a veteran to be a good practice presence, an overpaid PG who can teach our team to pass in practice, etc. Why throw away all that cash?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.