1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale FREE TICKET GIVE AWAY # 4 - Rockets vs. Memphis Grizzlies, 7pm CST Wed, 12/3/14 - BASED ON WARRIORS

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by benchmoochie, Nov 6, 2014.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

UPDATE: THIS GIVE AWAY HAS ENDED. PLEASE VISIT MY CURRENT GIVE AWAY # 5 AT THE BOTTOM OF MY SIGNATURE.

Update Nov. 7, There are now 20 entrants. I'm going to cut off the entrants at 20 to give everyone a fair chance to win. So if someone has highest score in the 3rd that is not selected, then you all with have a 5% chance of selection.

Hello all,

This is the 4th give away of the 2014-2015 season. I will be giving away two tickets for free!

Tickets: Flash Seats; 2 seats in Upper Bowl Court View Row 1 for Memphis Grizzlies, 7pm CST Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Condition for entry: You must never have won any FREE TICKET GIVE AWAYs for the 2014-2015 season.
    Deadline: whichever comes first of (a) 7:45pm CST Friday, November 7, 2014; (b) 20 entrants.

To qualify: All the members who answer the question below correctly will be entered into a random drawing for the pair of seats.

The question below is in regards to the Golden State Warriors game to be played in Houston on 7pm CST Saturday, November 8, 2014:

1) For the game against the Golden State Warriors, please predict which Rocket’s player will lead the team in TOTAL POINTS SCORED IN THE 3RD QUARTER ONLY (I will tally up the points per the espn play by play as per espn.com).

* If a tie happens between players, then you only need to have one of the players to qualify. Example if 2 players have 9 points scored in the 3rd quarter, then all the members for each selection will be entered; drawing will be held with total member entrants per the 2 selections.
    ** If the result is a player not chosen by a forum member, then each entrant (not to exceed 20) will be entered into a random drawing.

What you need to do -- email the answer and your board user name to -- cfticketgiveaway@gmail.com

P.S. If you are interested in Community Service for the city of Houston, then please join the group below in my signature

#1 benchmoochie, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The Beard

3. benchmoochie

17 entrants so far. another 23 entrants until I close it.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

12 players, 40 entrants... there's likely to be at least one duplicate entry of a player there... so what happens if, say a ClutchFan#1 and ClutchFan#32 and SwoLy-D (myself) pick the same player, like James Harden or so? :confused:

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

done!

Clint Capella!!!!

6. benchmoochie

its explained in the rules above. "To qualify: All the members who answer the question below correctly will be entered into a random drawing for the pair of seats."

In the previous drawings, I had a limitation that limited the number of members for a drawing per selection. I did it on time date stamp per email. Example # 3 contest, I had a limit at 4 people per selections.

But this time I thought why penalize people for not reading the post early enough, so I didn't make a limit this time. So let's say 10 people choose Harden or whatever; the drawing will be based on 10 people. But let's say the answer is capela and nobody chooses him; the drawing will be based on total entrants then.

I realize it's not perfect, but that's how I did it this time. So you have to think go with the road less traveled and be the only person who has that player or between you and 1-2 others. Or go with the road more traveled and be amongst the masses with 10 people ..

#6 benchmoochie, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  7. benchmoochie

Total entrants are at 20. I'm going to close the drawing right now at entrants to give everyone a fair chance to win. So if someone has highest score in the 3rd that is not selected, then you all with have a 5% chance of selection.

8. benchmoochie

Below is the distribution for the 20 entrants. For those of you that picked Harden you have about a 7% chance of getting drawn..

Player # Members
    James Harden 14
    Trevor Ariza 4
    Dwight Howard 1
    Terry 1

9. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Am I one of those 20?

10. benchmoochie

Yes you are the last entrant.

11. benchmoochie

Man, the third quarter Rockets only had 13 points. The breakdown is as follows:

Harden 4
    Canaan 4
    Terry 3
    Ariza 2

Nobody selected Canaan. So from the Harden selections, the winner is NATENATE

12. benchmoochie

Thank you all for participating. Please check back Sunday as I will be posting the # 5 giveaway for a chance to win tickets to the Friday, Nov. 14, 2014 game vs the 76ers.

13. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Ariza and co played like **** today . Smh

14. benchmoochie

win some lose some. Defense was good. Offense lacked. Lack of bench depth exposed

15. benchmoochie