1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Fox 26] Rockets Considering Adding 7-Foot Loren Woods to Roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HOUastrocketexan, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HOUastrocketexan

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/p...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1

Rockets Considering Adding 7-Foot Woods to Roster
    Last Edited: Tuesday, 18 Mar 2008, 12:50 PM CDT
    Created: Tuesday, 18 Mar 2008, 12:47 PM CDT
    Houston Rockets logo/AP Photo
    FOX 26 Sports

Related Items
    Links
    More Houston Sports News

HOUSTON -- NBA sources told FOX 26 Sports Tuesday that the Rockets are considering adding seven-footer Loren Woods to their roster.

The Rockets are looking to add depth to the front court with Yao Ming out for the year and Carl Landry missing the last five games because of an injured knee.

Woods has played five years in the NBA. He played his first two seasons with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Woods spent the 2003-2004 season with the Miami Heat and then the next two years with the Toronto Raptors.

Most recently Woods played in Europe with Efes Pilsen in Turkey. In 16 games there, he averaged 8 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks a game.

In five years in the NBA, Woods -- who is 7 feet 2 inches tall and 260 pounds -- averaged 2.6 points and 3.3 rebounds a game.

The Rockets are also considering veteran power forward Dale Davis who worked out for Houston Monday. Davis, who stands 6 feet 11 inches tall and weighs 252 pounds, has played 16 years in the NBA, most recently with the Detroit Pistons last year.

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Hmm Loren Woods wasnt on any of the fan's radar but if he can prove himself to be useful to the ROckets personell, I have no problem with the Rockets signing him

3. BlackSombrero

BlackSombrero Member

Loren Woods Highlight Reel

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qbBSvIVpYkM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qbBSvIVpYkM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'm not sure which name i'm more surprised to hear: Loren Woods or Dale Davis.

Loren Woods, for the sheer fact that I haven't heard or thought about him in years or Dale Davis simply because of his age.

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Can't they just put an inflatable dummy to take up the empty seat at the end of the bench and save some money?

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol that highlight reel was possibly the worst highlight reel ever.

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:D j/k If Morey thinks he'll help I believe him.

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I get that they're hard up for some size, given that everyone in the frontcourt after Deke and Scola is 6-6...but Woods is a mess. Extremely low bball IQ, average at best energy and heart.

Davis may be a stiff, but he makes more sense, IMO.

Evan

9. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Wow just wow. That highlight reel was bad. lol. I thought it would stop at him subbing in.

10. inler

inler Contributing Member

i really hope they keep mike harris, the only spot we have left is justin williams if they don't resign harris.

11. Classic

Classic Member

I added Woods to my roster on NBA 2k7. He was pretty bad. Based on that and the highlight reel above, I'm thinking Dale Davis is a better route. :D

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

that last roster spot is all about size, defense and rebounding, we need a poor man's Deke. If he can do anything else it's gravy.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That video has me pumped up!

The snatch of the clutch rebound below the rim at the end of the video! Remarkable!

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Loren Woods so stupid we gonna have to hire an extra asst coach just to help him tie his own shoes

15. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Thanks for the laugh.

16. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

NO!!!!!!! I have seen this guy enough (or not enough because he hardly played) with the Craptors.

Dale Davis is too old to play again I guess. Davis hardly played last season and the Pistons dont want him back.

No other option!?

17. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I think the description "Over a minute of intense Loren Woods basketball" tells more about Loren Woods than anything else.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm sure they do keep him. Landry's knee is probably going to continue to be a bit of a concern for them.

19. BlackSombrero

BlackSombrero Member

My pleasure...It has a four star rating on youtube! :D

20. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

Where is Cato at? The Rockets are probably already paying him, so sit him on the bench.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.