1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Basketball Standout faints...[Video]

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by burnshroom, Aug 23, 2012.

1. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3295O40Vfbg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"An Ohio high school basketball star collapsed in court Tuesday after receiving a three-year prison sentence. You can hear 18-year-old Tony Farmer question his lawyer in disbelief as the judge read the verdict, which sounded like he would spend several years in prison. Then, his knees buckled and he collapsed. He remained on the ground briefly before being pulled to his feet by a sheriff's deputy. Farmer is accused of kidnapping, assaulting and threatening his ex-girlfriend, Andrea Lane, last April. Farmer, who is 6'7", was ranked among the top 100 high school players in the country and was being recruited by several major colleges."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/08/garfield_heights_high_school_b.html

2. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

damn, hate to see that. All over a girl too smh :(

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I heard Jeremy Lin is signing with us.

Will post link later.

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Kid's an idiot. Hope he gets it together.

5. Gertso

Gertso Member

He could have waited and made all the monies and found something better...but you know...idiots.

6. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Idiot got what he deserved.

7. SacTown

SacTown Member

That's bull****. He didn't deserve that. He's just a kid who had an altercation with his girlfriend. I hate this.

8. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

It was pretty depressing watching him break down like that the first time I saw it. Maybe this might be a blessing in disguise for him.

9. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

10. DJ

DJ Member

I thought it would have been Bob Sura.

11. nguyen3706

nguyen3706 Member

Why is this in the NBA dish? He isn't even anywhere close to that level.

12. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

"Farmer was indicted by a grand jury on charges of kidnapping, felonious assault and robbery stemming from an altercation last April with his ex-girlfriend, Andrea Lane, in the lobby and parking lot of her apartment complex in Bedford Heights."
    Lol k.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if you were kidnapped, assaulted, and robbed, how much prison time (if any) would you suggest your attacker face? i'd say you were lying if you said anything less than 3 years.

14. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

Not sure if serious, but if you are imagine if your sister, mother, or daughter was attacked by her 6'7 boyfriend...you do understand he was literally kicking her in the head. imagine someone half her size in fetal position covering herself while he is kicking away and stole her wallet afterward. The guy might've been drunk or off his rockers, but you do that to anyone let alone someone have your size and a woman and you feel bad? Its tragic he threw it all away but to go unpunished for what he did and let him be a member of society and think its ok to make that sort of MISTAKE if you call viscously hitting a woman a mistake. If she had gotten more injured, say she fell or hit her head and had a more serious injury or god forbid death, his exact same actions would've been in the death penalty. This was an actual assault, i'd look into details of cases before you comment like that.

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I know what he did was bad but I can't help but feel bad for him. He's a kid, and one night made a horrible mistake, probably was liquored up and hurt his girl friend. Now he has to spend the next 3 years in prison and has to live with the consequences for the rest of his life.

16. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Not to make like of the kids plight, or the situation.

But you have to wonder why the lawsuit wasn't table til later to see if he made it.

Would have paid off more.

17. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

He's a kid. I hope he learns from his mistakes and gets a second chance at playing basketball. No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes. And this was all because of a women is the most sickening part about this story.

18. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Don't really have much sympathy for woman beaters.

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

He's a damn kid who had an altercation with his girlfriend and we don't know the whole story. What did she do?

20. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

haha, who cares what she did. If she cheated or whatever, main thing is he could've broken up, heck slashed her tires whatever, but they guy took a girl who had no chance of defending herself and started kicking her while she as on the fetal position. Go read the police report.

A kid making a misteak. do i believe in 2nd chances? Yea, if he learns then sure good for him. But should they let this 'kid' who is 18 and when we are 18 you can make enough of decision to beat the hell out of a girl go scotch free because he is a kid? What standard are you setting, so next time some kid 16-17 would be dating your daughter or sister and she cheats, he maybe an alright kid, loses his temper and beats her kicking on the ground you would let it go? he is a criminal who committed a serious crime.

the fact that you asked what she did...I really don't know what that says about you