1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Forget Thornton, is DMo in JB's doghouse? If so, why?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Dec 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Is it the injury? Cuz he's been good to go for 3 weeks now right? I mean, doesn't everyone see what a weapon he can be in the low post? Why don't they just give him 30 minutes a game and let him develop? Wtf? I'm not even the biggest dmo guy in the world, but this is just bewildering.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

That doghouse gonna be gettin' full here soon. :grin:

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Probably because he can't rebound

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

And none of our low post guys can score, I'd say that cancels eah other out

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's gotta be either the doghouse, the Rockets trying to showcase Jones for a trade, or problems with his back limiting him to 5-8 minutes a game.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's coming back from major injury

He's not himself yet

1 person likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They've significantly cut his minutes and role over the past 3 games when you'd think they'd be increasing his minutes and role over time. It's gotta be one of those things I listed above.

8. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DMo is a horrible rebounder, he doesnt box out and he gets pushed...always has, always will.... he has not hops, so most the time he just tips the ball

Most teams now counter Dmo with a more athletic forward, and then start getting offensive rebounds ...so he is forced to bring back in the Capela Howard combo

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, except none of what you said is true.....just look at last season as a starter as an example, he is not a great rebounder but he does a good job of boxing out and tipping the ball to his teamates.

And his great post game and overall team oriented movement on offense make the team so much better, as does his solid positional defense.

The guy is one of the best 5 players on the team, he should be starting.

DD

10. ibm

ibm Member

we can only guess. mine would be his back still having minor issues.

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

JB is in over his head. He has no idea what to do with the players he has.

He does some things different than Mchale, but different just for the sake of different with no substance is not helping the team.

Don't care about how upset he sounds after losses. I can go to the podium and throw a tantrum too.

Bottom line is during the actual games JB is severely lacking and he's regressing as the season goes along.

These guys get too excited after wins and all the bull**** they do gets swept under a rug.

And it's not the talent. Give a good coach this team and they do not play this poorly this consistently.

12. Rocketeer4Life

Why forget about Thornton? He is our best scorer off the bench and he is the only one who can create his own shot outside of Harden!

13. hakeemthagreat

No but everything he said was true

DMo's rebounding is horrendous and has always been. I can't even describe how many times he gets pushed out the paint. The only ppl who don't see this is his fan club. We can't afford to be giving up extra possessions

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DMo is not a good rebounder, but the last time I looked the idea was to make BUCKETS...I mean you don't see Perkins dominating because he can rebound, or Asik or closer to home..HOWARD...

The objective, the OBJECTIVE is to score the ball - and Dmo is our best low post threat, which opens up the floor for so much more - right now this team is predicatable, it is JR. High level offense.

3 or die.

Dmo in limited minutes coming off of a back injury is shooting 50% FG overall and 36% from 3pt shots, without every being allowed to find his rhythm.

http://www.clutchfans.net/players/donatas_motiejunas/

Insert him in the starting lineup and the floor and game opens up for everyone...having Capella next to Howard is like having 2 rebounding, no offense, bigs.

We need CONTRAST so desperately.

It has nothing to do with fanboy or not it has EVERYTHING to do with understanding chemistry and basketball.

DD

15. dmoneybangbang

Rebounds garner you more possessions. Having possessions means you have more opportunities to score.

Howard and Capela are killing it on the floor, I think you vastly overestimate inserting DMo into the starting lineup at this point in DMo's return. Personally think DMo would be a better 6th man type of player on this team once healthy.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How many possessions did we have at the end of the game? Who cares, we didn't score in any of them so we lost.....consider that a fun lesson for you to learn.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How many minutes? IDK but I think they have not completely given up on this season yet (which they should)

I am all for sitting Harden and Howard and give role players more minutes because I think they are first or second round fodder at best right now if they make the playoffs (West playoff teams have horrible records).

The coaching staff seems to think otherwise. ;)

18. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Is that so, then he will be looking for new home ,quite soon.

19. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Not really. Our win loss record when we out rebound our opponents is staggering.

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Dmo sucks at rebounding. When Capella and Dwight is grabbing all the rebounds, we are like 10-2.