1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

for those of you who think we should trad yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lysports007, May 11, 2009.

1. choujie

choujie Member

I don't care if you think a healthy Tmac is better than Yao, but Yao has lead the team to 2nd round, that's a fact. Yes it was a complete team effort, but Yao was the leader, even Ron "I'm the best" Artest acknowledged that.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

I'm sorry, I just don't believe Yao lead the team to the 2nd round. You just can't put it that way. If you put it that way, then you can also say that Yao Ming lost the series against Utah in 2007.. I don't agree with that either though.

3. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

To add to that my friend...
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=4508371#post4508371

Is 73% of clutchfans Yao-only fans? Ignorant? T-Mac haters? What are they, because If you think Yao being the best player on this team is ignorant, you might want to think again.

Just saying.

4. choujie

choujie Member

Lead the team to 2nd round doesn't mean won the series for the team all by himself. Just like a war, no general can win by himself, but he can lead the army to win.

Yao didn't lose the series against Utah, but Yao and Tmac failed to lead team to 2nd round that year. You can say that.

5. choujie

choujie Member

Yao called out AB in locker room after game five is a perfect example of leading.

6. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

Then trade Yao.
    I'm pissed by the Rox' fans bash Yao all the time. :mad:

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Obviously, this whole board hates T-Mac. I don't think you've been here that long... so you prob don't know.. but the hate started back in December. So, that thread is really irrelevant right now, we'll see how many people get back on that Tracy McGrady train once he plays against next season.

That's fine, I'm not questioning your love for the team, all I am saying is that you are a YOF. You do acknowledge that don't you?

And just so we're straight, I'm not, nor was I ever a Tracy McGrady fan. I think I've clarified that with you before. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, you just overrate Yao too much and give little credit to T-Mac.

I see what you're saying, it's just that the way most people are saying it, it's like he did it by himself. But really, you can say that about any superstar on any team, even if they sucked for a whole series...

Again, I'm not bashing Yao, I just think people are giving him way too much credit for what he's done in these playoffs. He is injury prone though, I'll tell you that, just like Tracy McGrady. I wouldn't want either on my team if I was starting one, but it is what it is. I can't see us trading Yao though.

8. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Uh so How am I a Yao only fan? If I've been a Rocket fan since the 90s? Do you have any idea what you are saying? The poll is credible. Just because Tracy isn't winning doesn't mean you get to completely debunk it just because you say so.

What credit does T-Mac deserve though? I give him credit for his off-court duties. I don't give him anymore respect than any regular member on this forum on the court for Tracy.

It seems like you love Tracy more then you love the Rockets. Take some time, in 2010 you'll be gone anyways.

9. Mr. Space City

question.

what if we do in fact lose this lakers series and yao and t-mac come back next year and lead this team to a WCF or maybe even a finals

what would the tone of the board be then?

10. choujie

choujie Member

Yao didn't suck for a whole series. He defended well, rebounded well, created opportunities for teammates even in those games he didn't score much.

If Yao sucked badly like Odon or Bynum, I don't think he'd be qualified as a leader.

11. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Member

hopefully the same can be said about Yao and his yofs

12. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Member

Keeping these two guys healthy for the whole season and the playoffs is a BIG IF.

It hasn't happened for the last 3-4 years. With them getting older and older, they probably will spend more time sitting on the bench than playing on the court, eating up cap space.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

I'm not saying he sucked, I was just saying he's the leader in that sense. He's not a vocal leader, he is the best player, but that doesn't mean he played the best.

14. choujie

choujie Member

Many fans have short memory here. It's " what have you done fore me today" mentality.

One good game, all sins are forgiven, one bad game, all past contributions are ignored.

It has happened to everybody in the starting line up except Scola.

15. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Well no response like I totally thought would happen. You are probably ronnymac since he's the only person in the world that just accuses people of being YOF for thinking Yao is better than Tracy.

All said and done Yao is not being traded and he is the best player on this team when healthy. It will be a good clean-up on this board in 2010 though. That's for sure.

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Well.. I'm basing it on what and how you have posted here... You're definitely a YOF IMO. Once again, I'm not a Tracy McGrady fan, nor have I ever been, I actually had a T-Mac humiliation thread a couple of months back that I started. You prob don't know since you have only been here for less than a month... I'll be gone in 2010? :rolleyes: I've been in this community since 04.

17. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

How can i be a YOF when I've been here since the 90s? :rolleyes: Since you love accusing people for absolutely no reason, I'll just accuse you for being a Tracy only fan. It's only fair.

You debunk polls because you say so
    You accuse people of being fans because you say so

It's only fair everybody else on here does it too. All said and done, grow up.

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Once again... I'm basing it on your posts. I've seen your posts in other threads about Yao.. it's hard to think you're not a YOF. I don't debunk polls because I say so... it's a fact that this board turned on McGrady, it's pretty clear.... so don't play that card.

I don't want to start any nonsense with a YOF... it's just stupid to try to.

19. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

And basing on your posts You are a T-Mac only fan. I don't want to start any non-sense with a TOF. Tracy only fans. It's just stupid to try.

The funny thing is in 2004, Tracy just got here. So umm.Yes clearly just admitted you are a Tracy McGrady only fan. I'm done here. You are not worthy for me to respond anymore. Anybody who says something nice about Yao and mean about Tracy is automatically a Yao only fan.

The verdict has spoken that healthy Yao is better than healthy Tracy. There's nothing you can say or do about it. Good-bye.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Nice come back... was there any truth to that? So because I read this board in 04, that makes a T-Mac fan? :rolleyes:

Once a YOF, always a YOF.. don't worry though, you're not any different than any other YOF on here.