1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

for those of you who think we should trad yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lysports007, May 11, 2009.

1. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

gets shut down by every defense? Do you even watch basketball? :confused:
    Or is it by one defense called the front?

Shortfuse3 2.0 right here. I see you being a rookie for a while.

2. Raven

Raven Member

Again, people are missing the point (because there's more drama that way). You simply cannot give a player, with a long history of season ending injuries, a guaranteed maximum contract extension. It would be irresponsible. Does anyone here actually think Yao will never be injured again? Didn't think so.

3. choujie

choujie Member

From basketball point of view, injury is a concern, and it's frustrating.

But in real world, Yao will get max contract anywhere he goes. Owners are business men, anytime when a player gets them more money than they pay him, they'd pay that player max.

4. chrisdon

chrisdon Member

That's what i want to say.
    judgeing a player just by A FEW games is ridiculous.
    To some TRADING YAO guys:
    If yao really no longer stayed in houston after 2010,
    as what you wish
    you will REGRET
    guaranteed

5. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

I want Yao leave houston.
    He made so many contributions to houston,but a lot of Rox' fans are bashing him all the time.
    We are better without Yao vs Lakers?
    Joke of the year.Brooks just had his best perfomance of the year,and so did shane.If they can make their 3s every game like in the game 4.We can win laker in the series.
    Yao even havent got a backup C.
    So poor..

6. choujie

choujie Member

Regret or not, that's not the real point here. Some fans just hate Yao, they'll never regret. And of course there is a possiblility Rockets trade Yao to get more fitting pieces.

But in reality, Alexander will pay Yao max no matter what from business point of view. Imagine a top 3 center play for you and get you much more money than you ever pay him, only a fool will turn that down.

It's all up to Yao. He's a man with pride, his concern is not only money.

7. chrisdon

chrisdon Member

brings so much weakness to defense……LOL
    Just the fakers don't know how to beat no-yao rockets with their paint genius in short run.Look at what they will do next game.
    Some ppls just choose to forget the games in which we were run by opponents after yao got rest on the bench.

8. Exley

Exley New Member

Dude you want a restart? okey - yes just release yao as you wish and you wait another 12 years back to playoff 2nd round. i suppose that's the "restart" you want. :D

9. Josephduyho03

Josephduyho03 Member

Yao will do well once he gets the ball down low in the post. He is successful but once in the fourth, he is completely shut down. He is terrible in the fourth quarters.

Yao is only good for regular season games. He can win games in the regular season and the first game of a playoff series. But after one or two games, a team can figure him out easily and find ways to shut him down.

In the series against the blazer, it is not Yao who should be MVP of that series. He has been so inconsistent in that series. I believe it's luis scola who should deserved it.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Ahh, Yao Ming fan to the rescue... you remind of me a previous poster that I used to get in a battle with the same way... hmm.

11. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Great opinion, I have one too you have your own. I'm a member you are a rookie as well. I'd like to see some reasonable people talk about there take with Yao Ming, not you.

12. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

:D I think if Blazers would front or double Scola ,Yao would get more pts than scola :D

13. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Member

WHY DO SOME OF YOU GUYS THINK WE WILL TRADE YAO!!

We would not get a DHoward/Kobe/Wade/Lebron for him

and YAO brings in more

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

to Les than anyone else.

SO PLEASE STOP WITH THE "TRADE YAO" TALKS!

14. Mr. Space City

we're terrible in 4th quarters with or without yao

lat game WITHOUT yao

1 2 3 4 T
    Lakers 16 20 18 33 87
    Rockets 29 25 29 16 99

the playoffs are more about your role players than your superstars

teams coming in know what to expect from your superstars so they zero in on that, its up to the role players to step-up while the opposition focuses on your superstars

15. chrisdon

chrisdon Member

Money is never a problem for yao, what he only cares about is the ring.
    I hope he can get the title with the rockets guys, with shane, hayes, artest, scola...That will be dreamlike.
    But according to some sources, alexander dosen't want to pay for a fairish backup C or a reliable PG who can pass the ball(Brooks is more like a SG).
    I don't know what his best choice is

16. Koba

Koba Member

I don't understand why some fans are complaining so much. Yao's out and the chuckwagon is in. If you guys think that we're better without Yao then by your logic, we shouldn't have any problems. So what's there to complain about? You got what you asked for. Although I want the ROX go keep advancing, I for one am not so confident that go much further.

17. sidewider26

sidewider26 Member

----------------------------------------------

that is the simplest logic some fans here could never comprehend, oh wait, WOULD not, i should say... :confused:

18. choujie

choujie Member

Now it's funny.

1. I remember Durvasa showed some stats showing Yao's best quarters are 1st quarter and 4th quarter.Despite being "the most unclutch player in history", he actually hit 50% of his shots in crunch time accorting to 82games.com. That's a lot clutchness compare to NBA average and Rockets average.

Do you have any proof that Yao is "terrible" in 4th quarter?

2. "Yao is only good for regular season", yet, he has nearly identical stats in his career for post games and regular seasons, where he was guarded by much better defense over all. He had 17/10 on 50% shooting with great defense when he was "shut down" to help Rockets clinch first playoff series win in 12 years.

3. In that series, Yao had two statically bad games "7/13" and "11/8", Scola had two statically bad games "9/4" and "12/5". For the entire series, Scola scored 2 more points but grabbed 24 fewer rebounds than Yao. Yet, only Yao got the label of "so inconsistent"?

19. chrisdon

chrisdon Member

LOL..
    OK, go to blazer lock room and say this to them.
    If you were adelman, *******! We were probably fishing now.
    dude, no yao, where the space between scola and defender from? Where the free shots from?
    Yes, yao got front problems, and adelman makes tactics accordingly, and everybody benefits from it, that's all.

20. Uprising

Uprising Member

Yep, him and his 4-19 shooting nights are irreplaceable.