1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Floyd Mayweather Jr. to retire......again?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Say it ain't so! Not even sure what to think of this. Right now, I'm in denial hoping Floyd is just joking but I don't know. I don't even know how you could spin this any other way. Not the first time he "retired". Let's all hope its just a play but It came straight from his mouth. Starts at 1:00.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J1ndm0p0R3Y&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J1ndm0p0R3Y&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    :(

2. YaosDirtyStache

He is seriously a chicken. He sees the only man that can beat him, and runs away as to not tarnish his "perfect" record. Floyd, just like everyone in his family, is afraid of true competition and is nothing but a show boater.

I hope he retires so I dont have to hear his whiny voice again. Piss off.

3. Sly Dogg

Sly Dogg Member

pacman got his balls

4. VanityHalfBlack

Pac gonna come to Floyd's house and beat him "Kirk Snyder" style,hahahha...

5. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

I prefer this kind of fighting...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1rm4SazjKsQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1rm4SazjKsQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

lol Ive never seen this vid before honestly, its awesome.

6. The Real Shady

If he's retiring I guess that means Pacman's about to agree to his ridiculous demands. Floyd is the biggest vagina in the sport.

7. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Any word yet from Pacquiao's camp? Did they accept the drug testing demands?

8. v3.0

v3.0 Member

someone photoshopped his head in a joke thread?

9. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

Floyd is full of **** he is not taking 2 years away for boxing it's a chest move. Basically he saying to Manny that Manny needs the fight more than he does. If Manny agress to the test the fight will happen. I'm more interested in what this video is really about one of the young guys who came up in his gym going pro. I'm interested in what these guys are capable of and what impact they will have on boxing in the future.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

He can't make the world wait 6 years for Pacquiao to grow old.

11. Dei

Dei Member

Last I heard, Pacquiao conceded to the 14-day cut-off; then, Mayweather wanted 60-40.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I hope so but that seems like a reach. Floyd did this before and people thought he was full of it then too but he really retired. I also don't think Manny needs to fight any more than Floyd needs it. Remember, Manny is not the one going around saying hes better than Ali and Sugar Ray.

13. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Member

41-0 will stay on the record books ladies and gents. I was hoping he would at least give one of the young bucks a shot, so he can pass the torch.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Undefeated records don't mean that much in boxing. Plus, Floyd doesn't care about legacy. I'd be very disappointed if this was true.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Do you how many champs in history of boxing have retired undefeated?

Mayweather agreed to some of pacs demands: glove size, money, etc. Now it is time that pac takes a drug test.

16. VanityHalfBlack

Sugar Ray Robinson is all you need to know my friend... That's a real OG a pimp know wat i'm talkin bout!!!

17. bladeage

bladeage Member

Haters gonna hate.

Floyd isn't going to retire, until he beats Pacquiao. Manny is the reason Floyd came out of retirement. Manny needs to just agree to the RANDOM drug testing, and the purse should be 60-40 for the winner. Floyd does this **** to get people all riled up. Settle down.

18. King1

King1 Member

The truth is missed on them. People are praising Manny for agreeing to the original terms now. It's laughable. Why didn't he agree to 14 days before? Supposedly it was because he was afraid of it weakening him. Now, 14 days is ok after Floyd did 1.6 against Shane and manny did 700k against Clottey. Floyd made all the concessions and Manny wouldn't. Now, after Floyd beats a guy Manny refused to fight, they want the same terms. Hopefully, none of the Manny fans negotiate on behalf of a client. No reason why Floyd should agree to what he offered before. He beat a better fighter and more then doubled Manny's PPV buys. Anyone who would advise him to take the same terms shouldn't be in a position to negoatiate a contract. End of story.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

My point being is that having 0 loses doesn't automatically make you better than fighters with 1 or more loss. Would you say Rocky Marciano and Joe Calzaghe are the best ever in their division? Even if Floyd happens to lose a fight, nothing should be taken away from his career. Floyd said himself its not about the legacy. So he even thinks the "0" is overrated.

LOL so Floyd sells more, now the 14 day offer is off the table? What? I understand Floyd getting a bigger purse but how does selling more fights means the 14-day cutoff is no longer there? Everyone was fine with it before. The whole point of negotiations is to get the fight done, not the opposite. You guys must not want the fight to happen.

60/40 for the winner sounds good (lets be real, they are both cash cows) & the original 14 day cut-off. Thats your fight. Floyd can dominate Manny and ride off in the sunset.

Well, he did do this before and what happened? So you have to be a little concerned considering it came straight from his mouth.

20. King1

King1 Member

Honestly, as a boxing fan, I'm extremely frustrated with both fighters. That said, Manny is the reason this fight didn't happen. Floyd conceded gloves, ring and weight penalty. Manny conceded nothing snd it was a 50/50 purse. Manny says no 14 days and they don't fight. Manny beat Clottey easy and did 700k. Floyd beat SSM and did 1.6. Floyd beat a better opponent and did better numbers. Why is Manny entitled to the same deal? He could have agreed to this deal originally and we see the biggest fight in boxing history. Instead, he agrees to Floyd's demand a fight later. It's bull****. Floyd certainly has his part in this but this fight didn't happen because of Manny.