1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FiveThirtyEight Pod] This Might Be James Harden’s Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Dec 7, 2017.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

seeingredtx, DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  2. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's highly debatable, and likely a D&D issue. But that aside, Silver is not part of this podcast, so you're not really on topic. :p

justtxyank likes this.
  4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

i dont go to math people to get answers like 'might be' or 'could be'. 'might be' moochie norris's year too.

5. heypartner

This podcast is strictly about Harden's stats. They are making the case that he's pretty much the same, just finally has better players to open up his numbers more...basically trying to find the story behind the numbers.

I find it stunning that ppl can't actually see that he's faster, straight-line driving and his shot is noticeably smoother....all-around more fockass'd and comfortable. That is, a story that is greatly contributing to the numbers.

I say this all aside from any MVP talk. They were fair in that. Just saying that these guys seem to be pure stats without the interest to discuss eye test factors ... like James is just better this year.

[Edit] they do change discussion away from Harden to talk of Rockets chances. They are pretty bullish.

#5 heypartner, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Deuce, Clown Baby, s3ts and 2 others like this.
  6. heypartner

One of the guys quoted Anderson as making the comment that he doesn't like shooting in Toyota Center, as reason for his 33% shooting there last year.

Am I taking crazy pills, or has Ryno never actually been quoted as saying he doesn't like TC...McGrady used that excuse once, though.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Was it a depth issue?

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

McLady used a lot of excuses. I want to say that Ryan was quoted saying something of the fact that the backdrop was too dark or something.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. heypartner

Did you listen to the comment/podcast? Do you think Ryno addressed the question of Home Ryno by saying he doesn't like TC, per the paraphrasing comment in the podcast. I recall nearly the exact opposite, that he thinks there's no reason in particular and more random, if he even answered the question.

Seems an excuse (especially saying he doesn't like TC) would have been an IDIOT thread for sure. If he said it, our trend to bury really juicy news and quotes in mega-threads is showing it's weakness, again.

Yes, but it was just a lame TMac excuse in one year, and I think only said in one interview. He never had a discernible problem over remainder of his TC career, and don't think he used the excuse in following years. Hell 13 in 33 was at TC.

#9 heypartner, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    DonKnock likes this.
  10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We need @The Cat or lurker CA to get to the bottom of this.

11. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Copy the color of Sun's color scheme.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

No. With a title like "Can Hardens MVP campaign survive Chris Paul", it really turned me off. Did Stephs MVP campaign survive playing with a super team?

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You have to analyze the plus/minus when Harden and Paul are on the court together a little further. They play together at the beginning and end of games against the best the other team has to offer. That is why their numbers together are lower than when they are playing apart.