1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Firefox 1.0.3. - latest version

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dark Rhino, Apr 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

http://www.mozilla.org/

1. Firefox 1.0.3 fixes some critical security holes. Not upgrading would be risky. But that would be your choice.
    2. It has been reported that this upgrade would break some extensions. It has been tested with many extensions and whatever extensions broke were fixed; there might be some extensions that still break which will be fixed over the coming days.

Still, even with 29 extensions installed, I had no problems. :)

2. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I have a bit of a problem.

Installed the new version, and all my bookmarks that weren't located in folders disapeered. Gone. Performed a system restore that brought my computer back to a few days ago, and they're still gone. No idea where they are.

This is the first problem I've had with Mozilla, and it's a big one.

3. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

That's an odd one -- will look into further and let you know if I find anything.

4. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

With the first version, my bookmarks would not transfer. I tried using their wizard and manaully doing it; but they would not accept. So naturally, I could not use MoZilla.

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

You could simply keep a backup COPY of your bookmarks and copy them to the new install of Firefox. You should always backup your important files from time to time, including your favorites.

6. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I was easily able to copy bookmarks when I changed to Mozilla, and again when I bought my new laptop. I swear by this browser and recommend it to everyone who still has that bright blue E on their desktop, but this is a weird problem. All the bookmarks that were held under a folder are still in place, but all the ones under the generic Bookmark folder were lost.

7. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

if you look in your profile directory, at the bookmarks.html file, do you see the bookmarks there?

8. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

I love Firefox - have had little problems with spyware and the like thus far. The latest version also seems to be doing a good job - I have only installed one or two extensions though... I'm sure Isaw a thread on this a while ago but can't find it. Should really contribute sometime soon!