1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. raining threes

LOL

desihooper likes this.
  2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Actually two things surprise me.

1. That you can't see that Deshaun Watson and Deandre Hopkins are bad people. Watson belongs in prison and Hopkins is a drug-using malcontent.

2. That you further can't see that both Watson and Hopkins attempted to use a public relations campaign to smear Easterby. Watson was the ringleader as he was seeking to get out ahead of the sexual assault allegations. The media obviously is going to back the player over the front office every day of the week (the players grant interviews...). Watson felt he could minimize any attacks that were coming his way by isolating and attacking Easterby. That was the strategy. Go after Easterby for invading his private life...and thereby deflect the criticism. You fell for their PR campaign. You got PLAYED.

After all, who was right about Watson? About Hopkins? About Stills? JACK EASTERBY. And all of those guys are out of here now.

raining threes likes this.
  3. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

BMoney likes this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

While Watson is who he is, Hopkins is not a "drug-using Malcontent. Hopkins is a victim of using the wrong trainer, who ex-Texans players fell victim to also. The trainer needs to be banned. Hopkins "orgies" is none of our business, since those were consensual.

Easterbunny shouldn't be in an NFL front-office, not qualified. Easterby may have been right about Watson's off the field activities, but he handled it in the wrong way.

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Either you can't read or you choose not to.

Considering you used your response to continue to deflect, I'll guess it's the latter.

I'll say it again. Big letters so your don't need your readers to see. Deshaun Watson being a bad person doesn't absolve Jack ****ing Easterby of his incompetence, nor does it absolve you of yours.

6. STR8Thugg

This dude over here trying to justify the Deandre Hopkins trade now...

**** me, I'm done with this bullshit. I wish I could put someone on ignore based on forum, geezus. Never change @Trader_Jorge

lnchan likes this.
  7. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

@STR8Thugg if you are going to bash Easterby for the Hopkins trade then you should give him credit for trading for Cooks who has been as good as Hop these past 2 seasons and won’t be getting suspended for 6 games in 2022.

Also acknowledge whatever role he had in stabbing O’Brien in the back and getting him fired and also bringing in a competent GM in Caserio.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. STR8Thugg

The Cooks trade was a good trade.

I don’t claim Easterby “made” the trades. He influenced the **** out of them though. The compensation, in most cases, was completely a Bill OBrien **** show with Easterby egging him on.

Cal McNair has loved Nick Caserio since before Easterby was here. I’m not letting that POS take credit for that, especially when he ****ed it up the first time and prevented us from getting Caserio in 2019 - resulting in OBrien as ****ing GM. Not passing credit around for that BS.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

It seems Easterbunny has been neutralized or neutered by Caserio. Personally I'm letting this one go, you guys have at it.

11. raining threes

So Hopkins didn't know what he was taking? Yeah right.

They were both terrible people and I'm so glad they're gone. Can't win a championship with guys like that as your leaders.

After hearing Watson speak during the depositions he's on the Vince Young level of dumb. I can't believe he went to college for 3 years. They raise some real idiots at Clemson.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

LT, Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Marvin Harrison, Big Ben, etc... all say "hi"

13. raining threes

Can you say outliers

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Outliers?

Those freakin HOF's

Arron Hernandez says hello as well.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  15. raining threes

You can have some guys on a team like the guys you listed. But rarely should those guys be your leaders. Yes, I know Irvin was a team leader, but that's an outlier

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think you romanticize this stuff too much. Having football character is often independent from having character anywhere else. I don't want Machiavellian youth pastors running my football team. Thank God Easterby is in the background now, but any decent organization would never have empowered that fraud in the first place.

#1116 BMoney, Jun 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    charlieaustin and Slyonebluejay like this.
  17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Wow this thread got weird. Others have said it, but Watson being a ***tty person and Hopkins getting suspended does not mean Easterby isn’t a complete idiot who hurt this team and he and BOB made the worst trade in the history of football. Everyone in the FO takes blame on that.

Are we just ignoring the SI article? Is that really just media smear? What about the fact that we fired our PR lady and cap guy, both of who were REVERED by the league due to “not matching the culture”. And finally, Texans royalty and silent leader, Andre Johnson actually spoke out against Easterby and the FO. That’s enough for me. Goodness guys.

And yes, Watson and BOB are also horrible ppl and detriments to the team.

18. raining threes

I don't want choir boys on the team either. But I do want guys that put football 1st and aren't sexual predators.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Gonna be a pain in the ass cleaning my monitor after the spit-take this induced.

20. Buck Turgidson

Lol. Keep crawfishing.