1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We all need to praise Jack for cleaning house of all the players and people that we all see now had a bad influence or where doing shady stuff for players.

raining threes likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Garbage a$$ religious charlatan who should do our franchise a favor and go back to preaching to our gullible owner instead of trying to input his will onto the team building decision

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Easterby isn't popular because he's the guy trying to maintain order... which is hard to do when you've got sexual deviants like Deshaun Watson, drug users like D-Hop and Kenny Stills, and other bad attitudes on the team... If he's keeping people in line, then of course he's going to be unpopular. But the Texans are a massively valuable franchise... and if you are the owner, then you want someone of high character keeping an eye on the players so they don't humiliate themselves or the team. It's a necessary job...

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Some of you guys have completely forgotten Easterby’s contribution to the demise of this franchise.

I have no idea what he is doing now, if anything. But dude should’ve have been $hit canned in 2019.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's mostly because whatever tiny contribution he may have made pales in comparison to what superfriends BOB and Watson did to the franchise.

Those two fueled one another while they set the building ablaze.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Bill O'Brien made the bad trades. Not Easterby.

7. Buck Turgidson

Uh...Easterby was right there negotiating terrible contracts and making bad trades.

This has been documented many several times.

Don't gloss over his tenure during that period as quasi-GM along with BoB (who does not deserve any less of the hate).

8. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Actually it hasn't been documented. It was part of a smear campaign led by players who did some really stupid things... starting with Deshaun Watson. You got played by their PR campaign, rookie.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Imagine carrying water for a shitty football exec because he's on your side of the culture war. LOL.

10. Buck Turgidson

If you won't acknowledge that Bob/Easterby were the braintrust involved in contract negotiation and trades for that dark and disastrous 18 months, then I can't help you, because you're either willfully ignorant or disingenuous (I know you're not an imbecile, or that would be my 3rd option)

Gaine fired: June 7, 2019

9/2/19: Tunsil trade (no extension), and Stills + 4th/6th round picks (Charlie Heck)
    9/2/19: Clowney trade (Martin/Mingo/3rd=Conley)
    9/10/19: Nick Martin extension
    10/21/19: Gareon Conley trade (3rd from Clowney)
    12/28/19: Mercilus extension

1/28/20: BoB and Easterby officially promoted to GM and EVP-Football Ops ("we're not doing anything different that we haven't been doing the past 8 months" -- BoB about the promotions and job responsibilities

3/20/20: Hopkins trade
    4/1/20: Randall Cobb and Eric Murray signed to 3-year FA contracts
    4/10/20: Cooks trade for 2nd round pick (YAY!!!, they got one)
    4/24/20: Tunsil extension (zero leverage at this point, overpay, had to do it)
    4/29/20: Gareon Conley option declined (6 months with team = 3rd round pick)
    8/31/20: Cunningham extension

10/5/20: BoB fired (HOORAY!!!)

12/27/20: Stills waived (15 months with team = 2nd round pick sent to Miami in Tunsil deal)

1/7/21: Caserio hired

1/28/21: Watson demands trade (happened "weeks before" "allegedly")
    1/29/21: Culley temporarily hired

[Watson Saga]
    Present Day: maybe they've got some stuff figured out?

#1090 Buck Turgidson, Jun 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  11. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

It was well publicized that Bill O'Brien wanted to be both head coach and GM and have control over personnel decisions. Easterby didn't make those trades. Stunning how you lose the ability to reason simply because the media piled on to Easterby. The reason for the media pile-on was because of a public relations smear campaign launched by Deshaun Watson's agent and media folks. In other words, you got played for a fool and bought that PR campaign hook, line, and sinker. I know you are probably embarrassed by falling for it. I didn't.

12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Fine, let's assume all that is true. I don't doubt parts of this.

Please tell me how Jack Easterby is qualified to be the Vice President of Football Operations?

Please tell me one good thing he has done for the Texans?

The reality is both things can be true. Watson and his insufferable agent are pathetic human beings. Jack Easterby is worse and he's still in the building ****ing around with my football team.

charlieaustin likes this.
  13. STR8Thugg

Trust me, we haven't forgotten.

Caserio seems to have put him in his corner though. I wouldn't be shocked if he's fizzled out by next year.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Easterbunnyy is qualified as long as Cal McNair thinks he is qualified. That is all that matters, unfortunately.

15. raining threes

There's a culture war going on down on Kirby?

I think we know who won that warand the team will be better off for it if Caserio hits on those picks.

16. gucci888

Easterby botching the Caserio pursuit is how BoB ultimately got GM duties.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  17. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

LOL, that's not true at all. BoB had leverage after making the playoffs and used it to consolidate power. It was happening a lot across the league at the time.

18. gucci888

19. STR8Thugg

I find it funny that @Trader_Jorge can't provide any tangible reasons for supporting Jack Easterby, nor can he provide an answer as to how a guy with no front office experience is qualified to be the Vice President of Football Operations for an NFL team.

He comes on here deflecting blame to O"Brien at every opportunity, while ignoring anyone that brings up the above points. Look man, BoB is a P.O.S. No argument here. But just because O'Brien, Watson, and Mulagheta suck ass, doesn't mean Jack Easterby is a super sharp front office wizard that should be your VP of Football Ops. GTFOH with your mindless defensive drivel.

Scarface281 and Sooty like this.
  20. STR8Thugg

Sure we do. The Indianapolis Colts.