1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Film] The Edge of Seventeen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 713, Nov 19, 2016.

1. 713

713 Member

Edge of Seventeen is an R-rated comedy, coming of age, teen angst movie. Good films like these don't get made anymore and it's good to support these little movies so more will be made. It's a nice break from Hollywood remakes, sequels, and prequels. It's getting awesome reviews at 95% on RT and definitely worth your time. It's laugh out loud funny and has great writing. Hailee Steinfield is a star and Woody Harrelson is really hilarious in this. Great date movie.

The trailer doesn't do the film justice and uses some of the best jokes so be warned and there's a couple spoilers.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You know how I know you're gay? ;)

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Saw advance screening last month, definitely has a 80s John Hughes vibe to it. The chemistry between the awkward Asian dude that was interested in Hailee was hilarious.

Fun fact: Hailee is 1/4 Filipino :D

713 likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Wrong movie dumba**

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

I'm getting a TV sitcom vibe from the trailer and it seems more late 90's and beyond teen film than 80's. Potty-mouthitis doesn't make dialogue fresh or funny. It's so lazy and overused these days.

This looks like it could be interesting. Is it any good?

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

haaa not sure man. i was checking to see if the movie the thread is about was streaming and that's all I could find. it looks great though from the trailer ;)

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

A) it was a joke.
    B) you're a moron.
    C) ignored.
    D) all of the above.

Spoiler alert: it's D.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I was joking also dumb a**

Awesome no one has ever told me on here that they were going to put me on ignore.

9. 713

713 Member

Yes check it out, you might think it's unrelatable from a teenage girl's perspective, but her problems with friends and family are the same ones we all had to somewhat deal with in high school. The writing and comedic timing is well done. Don't just take it from me though, it's getting great reviews. I just want more people to see it, so Hollywood would make more films like this. Member John Hughes, Member The Breakfast Club, Member Ferris Buheller?

[​IMG]

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Interesting enough, there wasn't much cursing, way less than a Kevin Smith/Tarantino movie

I'd highly recommend it also, a good change in pace for comedies