1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets inquire about Chuck Hayes' status

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TOWNSFINEST, Dec 20, 2011.

1. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

You can read the rest of the article here.
    http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-inquire-about-Chuck-Hayes-status-2413446.php

BRING THE CHUCKWAGON HOME!!

2. cujo

cujo Member

Even if Hayes can't play yet, he would be great in the locker room for the young guys. I hope things work out for him health wise and career wise. He deserves the best.

3. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Would only bring him back as an assistant only not as a player.

4. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

He would be the 2nd best center on our team and only the 3rd best power forward. Do we really need this guy back?

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Why? If the guy can still play, then he's better than nothing. We have no legitimate big. Plus, chances are we wouldn't give him the same deal he got from the kings, most likely it would be a lot less. In the end, we would bring home veteran leadership, a fan favorite, and a solution (albeit poor) to our current lack of a center. This is all win for Houston assuming Hayes can play. Plus, the guy is a class act, he deserves our respect.

6. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

would be great for team morale if Chuck returns. the PR shouldn't be too shabby either.

7. Know Your Role

Look I mean I want the Rockets to rebuild as well, but Chuck Wagon needs to come back home. Lets just pretend Twill is the elite star we have been waiting for and build around him. It couldnt be worse that building around steve francis.

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

[​IMG]

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

At the expense of future salary cap plans?.. No. For depth at the big spot this year... YES. One rolled ankle and the Rockets frontcourt goes thin real quick. Chuck would obviously not be relied upon to play heavy minutes at the Center position, so a little depth goes a long way. If they can get him at the cap hold for a year, its a no-brainer to pick him back up for the season.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Don't jump to your conclusions until you have hard hard facts AND the results are OUT.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Those of you who have convinced yourself that Hayes isn't leaps and bounds better than anybody we have manning the center position are kidding yourselves. Get over his size. He knows how to play.

2 people like this.
  12. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

I thought we were rebuilding?

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen...

14. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

if the Rockets bring back Hayes the players will no longer be "assets".

... until the next trade.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This.

I wish Chuck well but if he comes back he's going to take Minutes from Hill and Patterson. I don't know if I like that. I want those guys to play as much as possible. If you are going to rebuild you gotta live and die with your young players.

16. jc9495

jc9495 Member

Jordan Hill and Thabeet can be foul machines... I'm not sold on Patterson being a legit C for any more than a few spot minutes during the season. If healthy, he would be a nice acquisition and is a better post defender/(big man) passer than anyone on our team. I am all for giving Jordan Hill the reigns at C and giving him starter minutes, but with Hayes you know what you are going to get not even counting the intangibles. Im glad this team isn't going to overpay for Dalambert, although there needs to be more roster movement. This team is on a fast-track to 9th place again, with or without Chuck.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

As to your first point, unless we trade for a star this year (and we know how that tends to go), we won't lure anyone with cap space. And if we do get a star via trade, unless we line up the 2nd star real quick with cap space next summer, the first star will want to bolt anyway.

So I go for the "depth at the big" 2nd idea. IF Hayes' problem is very minor. I found I have a mitral valve prolapse (wonder if I got that right). Very minor condition, shouldn't affect my life. With Chuck, we'll see.

18. cod

cod Member

About PR. Petrie's a respected GM and been there for a long time.

Would it rub the other GMs the wrong way if they thought Petrie was made to look incompetent or even disingenuous by the Rockets signing Hayes?

19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Gak. I misread the article at first and thought it said we had signed Stromile Swift to replace Hayes THIS YEAR. whew. :)

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

that's business.